Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake report 12-19-03
Wiperslayer and I fished the Bear today from 7:30am to 4pm. We met BLM at the ramp and talked for a while then launched the Slayers boat into 33.6* water, when we arrived at the Rock pile the temp was 36* by the end of the day the water temp was up to 38.6*. We never did see BLM all day so I'm interested in hearing his report but our report follows. We looked over the edge of the Rock pile where it drops into deeper water and found few fish so we moved over to Gus's point after a half hour the fun began. We caught fish and lost fish all morning and into the afternoon around 2pm the action died and we gave it another hour just to make sure. We moved over to 80ft of water straight off the state parks marina and fished the day with no more fish. It was a great day on the pond, with little to no wind all day. We caught 15 total, a mix bag of whites, cutts and macks, nothing over 3 lbs. Salt & pepper tube jigs tipped with cisco were the ticket today. I thought we saw Muskyhunter and Idahonative launch near Gus's point but never got a chance to that to them, was that you guys? We were using 5 inch tubes and we had a white fish swallow half the gig, it was hard to believe that a whitefish could get a jig that big in it's month. We also caught a cutt that had a whitefish sticking out it's mouth but still grabbed the tube jig, what a hungry fish. Thanks Wiperslayer for another great day on the Bear. WH2
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear lake report 12-19-03 - by wiperhunter2 - 12-20-2003, 06:19 AM