Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any pointers
I'm hoping I can find some pointers on hooking some fish on Utah lake.

I moved here about 3 months ago from Las Vegas. I'd done a fair amount of fishing on Lake Mead for strippers. I wasn't super good at it, but usually came home with at least one or two fish big enough for eating. I'm not having much success on UL so far. Pretty much been skunked the last 4 times out.

I've looked through some old posts for Utah lake and get the idea that shrimp, worms, and carp pieces are decent choices. I've tried soaking earth worms, small frozen uncooked shrimp from the meat section at the grocery store, and 3" Gulp minnows.

Mostly I've used a slightly downsized version of what worked well on Lake Mead, which has been a Carolina rig with a 3/8 oz bullet weight, bead, and swivel about 24 inches above a number 2 baitholder hook with a medium action rod. I'm fishing from my kayak or float tube, usually out of AF harbor. So my range is somewhat limited.

Any pointers on where to go on the lake? The water is so shallow and the bottom so flat relative to Lake Mead, I'm kind of stumped on what to look for location wise.

Also, any pointers on what rig to use? I'm thinking I need to downsize to a light action rig with smaller baits.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Any pointers - by utegrad - 05-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Re: [utegrad] Any pointers - by TubeDude - 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Any pointers - by goforbroke - 05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Re: [goforbroke] Any pointers - by TubeDude - 05-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Any pointers - by utegrad - 05-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Re: [utegrad] Any pointers - by kentofnsl - 05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Re: [utegrad] Any pointers - by Springbuck - 05-18-2014, 06:48 PM