Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport /Wanship Res. hard water Report 1/1/2004
[size 2]Went to Rockport Res.this morning . Somebody was there in a truck before me , but they must of been waiting for the sun to come up . I had my GPS so I was off to find the honey hole from yesterday . Fishing was not a fast as yesterday , but the wind was a little bit more annoying today . If you had a ice shelter , you best have it anchored today . Didn't find the bigger Bows like yesterday but caught lots of dinks and a couple 14" Bows . Caught about 20 perch , but only keep 7 . Had a jumbo perch up to the hole , but got away . Most perch were 6 to 10 " . I got this one hit and set the hook hard like I do and broke the tip off my stiff ice rod . This fish surged 5 times stripping line off my reel and finally broke off . Must of been a big bad Mr. Brown . Felt like I hooked a concrete block , but it took off like a rocket . Now I got to replace that rod . Wouldn't know what to do with out 6 ice rods rigged up and ready to go . LOL . Right when I was ready to get off the windblowing ice I got one more hit and I could tell I had a nice fish . To my surprise it was a 19" Brown . I now needed to get a pic of this fish , so I went to find P4L and IFG . I found them just as I thought . I seen this glow to the west , so I fought my way there and did a petty4life dip on the ice ( Man that Hurts ). I could still see the light so I moved closer and closer . It was Icefishing god , Petty4life and others . Shot the BS with them and got a pic of my first entry into the Ice Fishing Challenge . It could of been a nicer day but there was quite a few people there catching fish . I got film at the 1 hour lab for testing and developing , so I hope to have them in a hour . If you go to Rockport , you might want some cleats on your shoes . Tight lines and Happy New Year everyone

P.S. The brown was a female with about a dozen eggs left in her but also found a 7" perch in its gut . I think this brown was going to enter it in the Ice fishing challenge but had to disqualify it for not having a BFT sticker in there . LOL

Warning !! some small perch and 1 brown trout died in the making of this post , but will taste good tonight in the pan . LOL [/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Rockport /Wanship Res. hard water Report 1/1/2004 - by Hellsangler69 - 01-01-2004, 10:56 PM