Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern fishing evalutaion!!!
Thanks southernman I knew you'ld like this report. That doesn't surprise me with the Hurricane pond, formerly known as Stratton pond, was slow. All the locals fish it out with in a week or so of it being stocked. I'd try on of the other urban fishing holes around St. George or if you looking for something bigger try Quail Creek. I know it doesn't sound like the best trout pond but it has produced some huge bows. It gets stocked with all the let over fish but I don't know exactly how many they get since Mammoth hatchery is still closed. It seems like ever since that hatchery closed fishing has been pretty slow down south.

So when you coming up to do some ice fishing? Well, we could always try for some winter bass or crappie in Quail or Gunlock.

As far as Sand Hollow is concerned, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about it until spawning time. I was down there a couple weeks ago and the water levels seem to be going up and down to much. It was lower than when during the summer time. The sand was great so if anybody was thinking about going riding and maybe doing some fishng now's the time.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Southern fishing evalutaion!!! - by hedgesd - 01-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Re: [southernman] Southern fishing evalutaion!!! - by hedgesd - 01-03-2004, 04:15 AM