Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you take an inflatable w/ electric motor on CJ?
I don't know what web site MHG uses but notice that the weather channel offers hourly wind forecasts and in this case it would be best to use Mountain Home AFB for a forecast close to C.J.
I am going out today and the highest forecast hourly is 10 mph which is marginal by his criteria. I will try to remember to report back. I use the NOAA spot forecast specific to C.J. Strike (I simply click on the map location for Strike and then make that a bookmark). I also see what the upper air is going to do from forecasts at my aviation sites. For instance, today there is a storm coming in with SW upper forecast but as those forecasts get closer to the surface, they become SE and that is what NOAA is calling (light SE). I have a 16' boat and have elected to leave due to wind at times but no close calls and no huge swells. The place is not nearly as dangerous as Henry's or A.F. Res because you can fish the narrow spots when it is windy to stay out of the big open stretches...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [kentofnsl] Would you take an inflatable w/ electric motor on CJ? - by fishingrocket - 01-27-2015, 01:18 PM