Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing Report 1/10/04
The surface temp was 32.6. There was quite a few ice sheets floating around on the surface, which I am sure you know makes fishing a real pain. The sonar is working great, even though my Humminbird unit is about 12 years old. It was top of the line back then. Anyways, my problem with the unit was me not over riding the "auto" setting which didn't allow me to increase the sensitivity. I didn't have a book with this unit, since it was my dad's, but I just kept messing around with it until I realized that the "auto" setting was trumping me when I tried to increase the sensitivity. I turned the auto setting to OFF and now I can fine tune it the way I like. I can see the jig and barrel swivel without any problem when I "zoom" to the bottom 8 feet. Heck, even the Spiderwire shows up too well sometimes and I have to back down the sensitivity. This unit only has 128 vertical pixels, but I can see things remarkably well. Thanks for your advice on what I needed to do.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [BearLakeMack] Bear Lake Fishing Report 1/10/04 - by BearLakeFishGuy - 01-12-2004, 02:13 AM