Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard today at 1.1 mph
My wife and I hit Willard today with the intent of bringing home some fresh walleye. I told her we were going to go slow for the eyes, even if it meant getting skunked. We had no intent on catching wipers.
We fished from 9:45 am till about 2:30 pm and never went more than 1.1 mph. We ended up with 13 wipers, one good crappie, and a 19 and a 21 inch walleye. I lost one more walleye at the prop because I tried to horse him in between the other lines. Stupid,stupid,stupid......
Half today's bag caught on clown rapalas and the other half caught on a KCT gold/black crawler harness, including the 21 incher.

Funny story: As soon as I catch a keeper I immediately chain it, gill it, and hang it off the boat to pump out the blood. I hung the 21 and kind of forgot about him for a while due to catching other fish. About 20 minutes later I go to get him for the cooler and find an open chain. Stupid,stupid,stupid...... I was sick to my stomach as I absolutely prize walleye flesh.
I immediately flip the boat around and using my gps trail and binoculars I searched every seagull near my trail. I found him about 15 minutes later as two seagulls were working him over.
Thankfully the gulls had concentrated their efforts on the portion of gills I tore out and no damage to the fish occured. One scoop of the net and dinner was back on the table.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard today at 1.1 mph - by SBennett - 04-05-2015, 04:34 AM