Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay 2015 Flotilla
It was a WET one ! But since all bodies that did brave the wind and rain and actually launched, made it safely back to shore and lunch, it was a good one. I got to the ramp just after 0700, and thought maybe it had all been canceled as I was the first one there.

[inline 150516_001.jpg]

But within a few minutes Skunked Again showed up, then not too long after that Coyotespinner, Reelfast and Wiperhunter2. Weather never got any better than it was at 0700, wind and rain got worse. Yote and I launched right behind Reelfast. (Wish I had the kind of wind and rain protection he does) They got out the channel and headed south. Yote and I headed north with the wind at our back. But the wind just got stronger and made it impossible to maintain control for trolling. I think our decision to head back to the marina was the better part of valor. We were parking in the marina when HD7000 arrived with his crew. After trying to tough it out in the marina, I wimped and called it time to pull out. My feet were soaked and hands so wet and cold couldn't handle anything.
Now, the nice part of living only 20 miles from WB, I was able to make a quick run home and drop the TinCan, and change into some dry clothes. Then back to the Pelican Beach Group area.
The day wasn't a total wash out. Several nice fish were caught, no one got left in the bay, and the Pig Out Chowder was quite outstanding. I'm sure others that were there would prefer to make their own reports, so I'll just post some of the photos I managed on my cell phone.
Oh yea, Skunked, you are to be commended for all the planning and work you put into this gathering. We won't blame ya for the crappy weather cause the chowder was so dang good. [laugh] [Image: happy.gif] [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Willard Bay 2015 Flotilla - by Tin-Can - 05-16-2015, 10:37 PM