Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catch and release to be or not to be?
I agree with you, cat man. As with so many edible things of this world, bigger is definitely not better. A 10" Uinta Mtn. brook tastes plenty yummy to me and nothing is worse than a bigger rainbow with white meat in it.[unsure] If you want to eat fresh trout on a frequent basis, try a fish farm. To me, nothing is worse than a bunch of freezer burned trout that are thrown away.[mad] I will honestly do an occasional "Hook 'em and cook 'em" but you can count those on one hand the past several years. Part of passage into young manhood or womanhood is a freshly cooked, freshly caught fish but jamming a red hook disgourger into a tiny fish and having it make that awful noise certainly is not.

There will always be both sides of the issue, no matter what anyone types on a BFT site. The main thing is not to waste resources, clean up after yourself, enjoy the fishing and resign yourself to deal with the catching.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [cat_man] catch and release to be or not to be? - by MrLipripper - 01-15-2004, 11:05 PM