Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Friday 12-11-2015
Couldn't stand it any longer had to go fishing today... Looked really dicey last night with wind and snow and all the storm, but I checked the weather and they were saying sunny and low winds in the morning... Didn't really believe them, but I wanted to go fishing really bad... So I got up at 5:00 and loaded up and down the road I went.... Very icy, snowy road that is, up Logan Canyon, passed 4 cars in the whole canyon today, kind of freeky... No one to slow me down so I let the snowy roads set my speed, which was a lot slower than I usually drive the canyon, felt it start to break loose a couple times, but I was going slow enough that it didn't go into a real slide... Well about 7:30 ish I was the first to pull into Cisco beach boat ramp, where they pulled the dock this week... Anyway about 2-3" of new snow over night...

Luckily the weatherman got it right this time.... Clear skies and light south breeze.. After my usual monkey business getting my toon set up and ready to go a boat joined me, but they fished south of the ramp and I went north... First cast I lost my jig that I was sure was going to be the hot one of the day... Well I guess not since it was sacrificed to the rock gods... Next cast in about 9 FOW I felt a dull yank yank and it was fish on... Not a very good fighter, but it was a 24.5" Cutthroat, so I was happy to see that skunk breaker... Well then things got really slow, I didn't catch another for a long time, then I finally landed a 15" Whitefish, had a bit more slow and then the sun finally came up about 10:15 then things improved, I started getting into the cutts in numbers, I think I got 6 or 7 of them from 20" (best fighter of the day) to 25.5" which was a great fighter as well... I have to confess things was so slow with the jigs, I put on my trolling gear and started trolling and it was dang fun... I had several others on, but lost them on the way in.. After while I decided to try the whitefish again and I finally got a few nice ones... Ended up with 5 that were from 20" to 15" and TD I even got one on your jig that I got from you... I had to fish it slow and low in the pale perch... I missed a hit then nailed a 19"er... Anyway fun day, slow at times, but I think I ended up with a dozen or better fish today and that was good for me... Toon worked well other than my feet got pretty cold after 6 plus hours...Good luck if you're heading to big blue tomorrow... Weather was really clear and nice today... Much better than the fog of cache valley that I came home to... Will attach the pictures below... Using the computer and pixs are on the phone.. Later J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Friday 12-11-2015 - by SkunkedAgain - 12-12-2015, 05:01 AM