Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015- a good year or not?
2015 - I'll call it a "not so bad" but "not so good" either. Have done better, and worse. The 2015 spring was pretty wet and the weather a bit odd up thru May. Entered the BFT Catfish Contest again, and again finished out somewhere down in the bottom 20% of the North Team. Took home more "skunks" from Willard this year than any in the past 5 or 6. But had one trip to WB where I came close to a limit on 3 different species (Wiper, Walleye, Catfish) all on same day, and didn't keep any. Made several trips up to Skunkedagain's back yard (Benson Marina and Upper Bear River) Lots of mudders and a few BIG Carp. My #2 son and his wife relocated to Utah from Tennessee by way of a short stay in California. First time we have been fishing in over 18 years, we spent a nice day on East Canyon, we each caught one planter size Rainbow. In July I took him to Upper Bear River and Benson where he got to horse in several large and full of fight Carp. Then in October I was finally able to get him out on WB with me. Sitting anchored in Freeway Bay he caught 3 very nice Cats, one of them would have made a nice bump to my Cat contest score, but, he caught them, I didn't. And of course he gets 3 his very first time on WB and I get skunked.......again.[:/]
Enjoyed the meet and eat in May at the BFT Willard Flotilla even if the weather did run Yote and I off the water with nothing but soaked clothes. The running into several other BFT members as far away as Utah Lake, and the Cat Contest Awards dinner were highlights of the season for me. My dad always told me, "Any day you don't learn something, is a wasted day" Well, none of my fishin days were wasted, even when I when home empty handed or skunked.
I'm not a ice fishin guy, but I still log on to see whos doing what, where.
Wishing ALL the folks here on BFT a Happy and Safe New Years. Maybe, just maybe we will have a better water year in 2016. [Wink] [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
2015- a good year or not? - by albinotrout - 12-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Re: [albinotrout] 2015- a good year or not? - by Tin-Can - 12-29-2015, 07:08 PM