Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty Queen at Lindon 6-2-16
[#0000FF]Confusing. I cross the Jordan at 54th south all the time. For a while the water was pouring down the river. Yesterday it wasn't.

And yes, the canals are full, but a lot of them pour back into the river further down, if the water is not diverted onto fields (of houses). So, a lot of that water really does make it all the way to Salt Lake.

However, there is hope that they will put a cork in the outflow while there is still some inflow coming in. In reality, the lake will rise fast if they slow the outflow. In years past I have seen the lake rise as much as a foot a day during June...with good runoff. But that was then, and this is now.

I get emails and PMs daily from folks who hope I have good news about Utah Lake. Sadly, I have nothing to offer. A whole lot of boaters staying away from that lake...justifiably. Lots of recent stories of boats getting stuck on shallow bottom...or of props being destroyed by unseen hazards. Businesses who count on recreational boaters and fishermen enjoying Utah Lake...and spending money...are due for a poor summer.

Confused and frustrated.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Kitty Queen at Lindon 6-2-16 - by TubeDude - 06-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Re: [FishMids] Kitty Queen at Lindon 6-2-16 - by TubeDude - 06-03-2016, 06:42 PM