Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South Oct 15-29
I camped at Willard South for 2 weeks, Oct 15-29. Basically fished every other day. Most days I did alright (but not great) on the wipers, and also caught 2 cats, the biggest one going 24 inches and 5 lb 2 oz. The biggest wiper was 24 1/4 inches and 4 lb 1 oz. I used a planer board on one side and downrigger on the other side, with various Flicker Shads, old Producer lipless cranks (remember those?), Shad Raps etc, all tipped with a little piece of worm. One day I actually got totally skunked, probably Friday the 21st. All fish were released.

I didn’t even consider using a downrigger at Willard until I read jjanie’s post and decided to try it, and I’m glad I did. I caught just as many on the rigger as on the planer board, using the lipless cranks.

Don’t get me wrong, fishing was slow every day, but most days I caught at least my “limit” of wipers although I didn’t keep any. No walleye or crappie. I talked with several fishermen on the ramp each day, and most were having about the same experience I did.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard South Oct 15-29 - by MisterCompletely - 10-30-2016, 06:46 PM