Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Memorial Day report
Went to Lincoln with my brother today to see if we could manage to get him his first catfish. It ended up being a lot of bull, heads, that is. We each caught a few and some swam around with our bait and made a general nuisance of themselves. But they were the first cats he ever caught and we didn't have to go home with the skunk.

There were a fair number of people about but we didn't hear of any channels being caught. A couple of young guys told us they caught over a hundred white bass on various spinners. The worm drowners didn't have any luck.

We tried everything we could think of. Brett left his bait at home so we didn't have chub or perch. We did use white bass, shrimp and worms, ripe shrimp and bass left over from Saturday and a plain nightcrawler, and even some trout nibbles. Fished the bottom on a sliding sinker, Santee rig, under a bobber at various depths, etc. Oh well, warmer weather is on its way sometime. That should wake them up.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.
Isn’t it Memorial Day? Just wondering if your late with the report lol. Good on ya getting out in the small window of no rain. I didn’t have gas and wife was at work with the money so I’m stuck at home. But hopefully this summer we can get together
[signature]
Yeah, duh. Here's a really scary Freudian slip. I sometimes say Halloween when referring to Valentine's Day! [shocked][Tongue]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.