Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Largemouth Batman, Willard?
I will post a proper full report on an early morning Saturday run to Willard later, when I check my footage to see if I got enough for a video. But, got to share this toad that decided to suck in a tiny ice jig. Good thing the cold temps had him lethargic cause my little ice rig was not set up to handle a bucket mouth hog.

Sure made up for a slow perch day (2)
[signature]
Sweet.
[signature]
Oh yea [cool], good job on the LM
[signature]
surprise! surprise! who woulda thought. I bet that took the chill off
[signature]
Nice fish thinking of heading out in the morning now I'm not shur witch way to head now lol good job
[signature]
That is awesome, congrats.
[signature]
Good job Cowboy
[signature]
I would love to yell ya that Willard was the hot spot if ya go, but that would be stretching the truth a mite. In talking to many anglers, I am starting to be a believer that Willard is going to bust the perch record in the next few years. But if I was looking for a bucket full of taco fixings I think I would be looking at differnt waters right now.
[signature]
Nice fish Cowboy!!! Congrats, was there enough ice to fish through, or are you still working the open water at Willard? Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Jeff, pretty poor ice conditions still. There were people poking holes off the south side docks, in the north marina, but they were keeping thier feet (mostly) on the docks. The north side was all skim ice. I have a more recent report, with a video of the bass. I think it's down half way in the list. The video shows some of the water conditions and where the ice is a bit better visually.

I sure got my eye on a run to Hyrum and Newton this week. Just wrestling with Echo and which should be first.
[signature]
Any word on how Newton is doing for ice?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.
I was going to check Newton over the weekend, but ended up Hyrum iced and i knew it had better perch, so I wanted to get on it before the crowds did... I hit Cutler for a couple hours Saturday morning, but got totally skunked without even a nibble and by 8:30 my wife had me on the clock on the bathroom project, so I didn't make it to Newton, but maybe if I have good behavior I might try it tomorrow morning for a short early trip... If I get there I will post up what I find... The last few trips to Newton the fish have been really small, so I don't hold out a lot of hope for quality, but I still feel like I want to try it and see what I find... I always hope for the tiger, but I think they are pretty rare through the ice... Crazy how everywhere is all fishing the same time this year... It's good to spread everyone out, but sure hard to know where to invest your limited hours... Fun times.. Later Jeff
[signature]