Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach
I was wondering if you were going to make it out to see if your boat still floated. Looks like you are going to have to wait few more days (weeks?) to get after those walleyes. I might have been tempted to kayak out to the spring for some wb if the weather stayed like it was Saturday. Cold spell comin' so not much to do but wait it out. Will be watching for some pics of those big mama eyes you seem to find every year.

Good luck when you get out.

BLK
[signature]
I brought the boat home to get it ready, was hoping to get it out make sure everything works, got it cleaned out, new foot oil, it seems to be all ready just need to get it on the water, might have to put in at DC next weekend if the harbor stays iced in,

I'll be after them as soon as i can get there.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
[#0000FF]Used to be a Spanish Fork member with the handle "WalleyeBob". He had a heavy blue boat that was usually the first craft to bust a trail out through the ice in the channel. But, like many a former member he moved elsewhere and he seems to have bailed on the forum.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I'd offer to do the honors in my inflatable red ride but I just don't think I got the weight or the power to git 'er done. However, I have been knowed to launch over at the outside corner of that north dike...next to the gate. Good to know the water level is up high enough this year. Now if Mama Nature will get back on her meds and give us a break....
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I got to watch him do that one year, kinda crazy but he got out, just like one of those arctic ice breakers,

from what I seen you would do good out there, 6 ft down little jig and a worm, from what seen just have to find the spot,

water is way up, it has come over the fold in the ramp.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
"from what I seen you would do good out there, 6 ft down little jig and a worm, from what seen just have to find the spot,"

[#0000FF]Nay. Not even slightly interested in the wimpy crappies...or even white bass. Those are food for the bigguns I wanna play with. Got some new stuff to try on the toothy critters and whiskery denizens.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I kinda sorta suspect that with the higher water levels the walleyes will be showing up more off the springs and the rock ledges.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I'm sure the big mama 'eyes will show up at your fave spot. But it might take some lookin' to find their hangouts this year.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I used to refer to Bob's boat as the "Blue Maru". Not many guys ever brought in more walleyes than he and his buddy Brad.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF][inline "BOB AND BRAD.JPG"]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF][/#0000FF]
[signature]
I remember Bob and that boat, haven't seen it down the there for a lot of years,

They should be right in the same spot , but I know if a guy dont have GPS its hard to find any spots when they disappear under water, but I have the whole island marked off and Lincoln point down past the orchards, just different rocks to hook up on,

just looked at provo harbor, the ice is almost gone, the wind took it off, at least launching is possible,

hoping Lincoln is the same,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Looks like no ice left at Pelican Bay right now. A guy could launch there today, but I'm going to stay in where it is warm[Wink]

Weather forecast looks like ice weather coming up. We'll have to see if the re-cap or not.
[signature]
A guy could launch there today, but I'm going to stay in where it is warm

Me too today, well just cuz I'm at work, I'm sure it will recap with abit of ice, but the weather looks good for saturday,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Provo's clear, too, but I'm going to stick with ice fishing for the duration.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.
Bob moved down to Nephie quite a few years ago, then something happened I'm not sure what but he had a major surgery. I haven't herd from him sense.

he was very cool guy and he knew U.L. very well, he showed me a lot about it when we used to fish together.
[signature]
So, tell me, is there open water near the springs one could tote a kayak or tube to?

I like the idea of "icefishing" from my little boats, but usually don't trust myself to find fish, say at Willard.

Since I know where the springs are, that might boost my confidence. Would love to try for bluegills and crappie.
[signature]
The last couple cold nights the harbors refroze, looks like there is a thin layer of ice on the lake, some wind will clear the lake, hopefully the harbor by saturday, its easy to launch a small boat, kayak or tube by the gate on the north dike, launch right where we would drive down at low water.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.