Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water temps?
This week's bout of wind and cold have probably knocked water temps down a few degrees.  Anybody got current temps for Willard and/or Utah Lake?  Once the temps get much below about 65 I wimp out and put on the waders again.
It was a balmy 27 degrees at my place this morning. The water was frozen under the sprinklers. It'll be wader weather for sure, unless mother nature changes her mind again.
(09-10-2020, 04:04 PM)Bovineowner Wrote: It was a balmy 27 degrees at my place this morning. The water was frozen under the sprinklers. It'll be wader weather for sure, unless mother nature changes her mind again.
Thanks.  Too cool for waderless for sure.  But this is Utah.  Might hit 100 again.

Wondering how the water level is at Vernon.  You been there recently?
I'm planning on hitting WB tomorrow morning, I can report on temps then... unless more timely information comes in between now and then.
(09-10-2020, 04:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 04:04 PM)Bovineowner Wrote: It was a balmy 27 degrees at my place this morning. The water was frozen under the sprinklers. It'll be wader weather for sure, unless mother nature changes her mind again.
Thanks.  Too cool for waderless for sure.  But this is Utah.  Might hit 100 again.

Its almost empty currently. We turn off the irrigation system for 3-4 weeks and get 3 days worth of water to irrigate with and then its done again. Just finished a three day cycle being on so its waaaaayy low. Sorry for the bad news. We desperately need another good winter for snow. I know of 9 springs that have quit and even the creeks out here are down from where they historically produce. Spooky dry!
(09-10-2020, 06:19 PM)JArner Wrote: I'm planning on hitting WB tomorrow morning, I can report on temps then... unless more timely information comes in between now and then.
Thanks.  Good luck.  I was semi planning a trip tomorrow myself.  But then I opted for joining a couple of other reprobates (or baits) at Utah Lake.  Howsomever, I'm  pretty sure I'll head north next week so an updated temp report would be appreciated.  Oh yeah, how about putting marks on the water wherever you find fish?

(09-10-2020, 06:53 PM)Bovineowner Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 04:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

Its almost empty currently. We turn off the irrigation system for 3-4 weeks and get 3 days worth of water to irrigate with and then its done again. Just finished a three day cycle being on so its waaaaayy low. Sorry for the bad news. We desperately need another good winter for snow. I know of 9 springs that have quit and even the creeks out here are down from where they historically produce. Spooky dry!
Thanks...I think.   I had heard it was getting low.  Not really a problem for me, since I usually don't fish it, but had a couple of inquiries from other BFTers.  Let's all do the snow dance...but not too early.
Willard was 68 degrees today at noon.
When I left UL this evening the water was down to 60° and trying to drop into the 50s. Better put your woolies on in the morning.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Today @ 7 am Willard was 65 degrees, when I left at noon it was 66.
(09-11-2020, 07:41 PM)thatchergreg Wrote: Today @ 7 am Willard was 65 degrees, when I left at noon it was 66.
Thanks.  Willard is deeper and does not  raise or lower temps as fast as shallow Utah Lake.  I hit Lincoln Beach this morning and it was 61 at launch.
(09-11-2020, 10:15 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 07:41 PM)thatchergreg Wrote: Today @ 7 am Willard was 65 degrees, when I left at noon it was 66.
Thanks.  Willard is deeper and does not  raise or lower temps as fast as shallow Utah Lake.  I hit Lincoln Beach this morning and it was 61 at launch.
thats getting to the good temps, maybe see for next weekend,around dark
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(09-11-2020, 10:17 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:
The toothy critters are already moving in to the standard fall spots.   Heerd tell.
(09-11-2020, 10:43 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 10:17 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:
The toothy critters are already moving in to the standard fall spots.   Heerd tell.
thats good to hear, try to see if I can slip down before the next hunt starts.  got a couple new cool rods that need to be tested down there now that its not hotter than h(!!.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
This morning the air temp was 43 at 7:30am and water was 64. Warmed to 66 by 1pm when I left.
Whats the fishing situation at Strawberry for Cuts and Bows. Havent seen any reports on the BIG FISH forum for alittle while. I am looking for Action !!! Some Fast Trout Action. LOL
[Image: unnamed.gif]
(09-12-2020, 11:43 AM)komatsu-mike Wrote: Whats the fishing situation at Strawberry for Cuts and Bows. Havent seen any reports on the BIG FISH  forum for alittle while. I am looking for Action !!! Some Fast Trout Action.  LOL
[Image: unnamed.gif]
I might suggest starting a separate inquiry  thread.  But my sources tell me that the fall fishing at Da Berry is starting to get good.  So far it has been mostly boat fishing...trolling or jigging.  But the fish soon move in along the shoreline and shallow weed beds to feed up before winter.  A good time for shallow trolling, fly fishing or bubble and fly.  Some of the biggest cuts can be caught over the next couple of months fishing in fairly skinny water.

The one potential downer is the fall algae bloom.  It can reduce visibility...for fish and anglers.  And it can make trolling or fly fishing tough.  Should have some input on that soon.
This one was not on your list Pat, but Lost Creek showed 64 last night. I was suprised. Thought it might be a bit lower
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-12-2020, 03:04 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: This one was not on your list Pat, but Lost Creek  showed 64 last night. I was suprised. Thought it might be a bit lower
Thanks.  Not on my fishing bucket list, but I'm sure others will appreciate it.  We can never have too much info about fishing conditions...especially during transition periods of spring and fall.  Thankfully, there are specialized  weather forecasts to guide us.  And if there ain't, we can use photo editing to make our own.
[Image: STANDARD-WEATHER-STONE.jpg][Image: FISHING-WEATHER-STONE.jpg]
There are also some specialized clocks available to guide us in properly timing our trips...or not.
[Image: FISHING-TIME-CLOCK.jpg][Image: RETIRED-CLOCK.jpg]
Yesterday 12 Sept.  UL out from LB  at 10:10 a.m.  water temp 62.2

[Image: 035-location-1010-a-m.jpg]

Didn't get a screen shot when we left at 2:30 p.m. but the water temp had gotten up to 66.0
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I fished all day Saturday, over to Knolls, back to orchard sheds, down to Mulberry. Started out about 62° and got up to high 60s before I bugged out in the evening. Fishing was fantastic.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.