Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 3/12
We tried Jordanelle this morning.  Parked at the ramp and went for a walk all the way around the big point north of the ramp and back into that arm near the trees.  No issues at all getting on, no soft edges. Punch some holes along the way with no luck.  We would have some nice schools of fish come through at various levels (kokes?) that would not bite.  Settled in 28" of water and finally started marking a few fish.  1st hookup was a brown suspended 1/2 way down that was about 17". It was slow, but scratched out 5 more bows with another one lost at the hole, and a 1/2 dozen missed bites or so.  We used various colors of tungsten jigs with a small plastic tipped with a wax worm. Took my daughter in law with me and she was excited to catch her 1st couple of fish through the ice.  Those bows sure pull well and she loved it.  They ranged from 15-18". Talked to a couple guys near the ramp as we were leaving and they hadn't caught anything yet but hopefully they got into some.

The main lake our from the dam 
is open water but the PWC ramp is still locked up.  With warmer temps it might not be too long before you'll be able to put a boat on it.  Here's some pictures.

[Image: IMG-6215.jpg]

[Image: 20220312-134720-1.jpg]

[Image: 20220312-134723-1.jpg]
Glad you found some. Nice pics. Pretty sure tomorrow's front may be throwing off the bite some. Sure was nice and sunny today.
Good job! Wish I could of made it up there this season some time, when ya gonna start hauling in them 30" whisker faces?
(03-13-2022, 12:16 AM)jjannie Wrote: Glad you found some. Nice pics. Pretty sure tomorrow's front may be throwing off the bite some. Sure was nice and sunny today.

Thanks. It may be my last trip on the ice this year, but we'll see. I initially wanted to go to Lost Creek, but my DIL wanted to keep some fish and the bows are very nice at Jordy this year.  The weather was great.  I have a nice racoon face.  Left the sunscreen home today.

(03-13-2022, 12:20 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Good job! Wish I could of made it up there this season some time, when ya gonna start hauling in them 30" whisker faces?

Thanks. I'm not sure when I'll start after the cats, or how much I'll try for them.  The low water last year really did a number on some of my favorite spots and side canals.  Total fish kills on several canals last year that have produced some 30+ inchers in the past. The main river got hammered on the lower parts and my catch rates were way down last year.  I may have to try the middle parts again, but access is tough with so much private land. I don't expect to be close to the top of the contest this year like in years past.  I may just focus more on the kokes and Willard eyes and wipers.
I would love to try for Willard eyes, ive tried i think 3 times with 0 success