Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2022
Jeff, I believe you mentioned that we all are welcome to bring something to share, pot-luck style. I really like that idea and will see what we can cook up. I'll try to bring something that people wouldn't usually include in a sack lunch such as horse doovers (is that the right spelling, Pat?) or dessert. Oh, and I heartily endorse the idea that everyone can contribute something for the drawing. One time I got a very nice reel that someone contributed, but anything of value that a person doesn't need/want anymore could be someone else's treasure.

Rocky, I speck you'll have some helpers. Will you have all the cleaning supplies for everyone or should they bring some?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Bring a bucket and a brush, if you are willing to help. There's a spigot there for water.
Maybe this year someone else will be the first one's to use those tables so they aren't as dirty as they were last time when we needed a shovel to clean up the bird poop... maybe that was two times ago, I can't keep them straight... Anyway help will be much appreciated and Craig thanks for the reminder about bringing something to share... I was thinking cookies if I can talk my wife into making them so they will be good... Going to be fun if we can get this cold wind to go away... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(05-09-2022, 04:12 PM)catchinon Wrote: . I'll try to bring something that people wouldn't usually include in a sack lunch such as horse doovers (is that the right spelling, Pat?)

I'm from Idaho so I always just called them "horse divers".  Might be a regional thing. 

Like can-o-peas vs can-o-pees.
Well, I'm from Colorado where when I was young we said everything just right. Now I've been corrupted from living around Spanish Fark for so many years. When I lived in Colorado we'd get visitors from Spanish. We soon learned that they all rode harses, ate carn, and worshipped the Lard.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-10-2022, 04:59 AM)catchinon Wrote: Well, I'm from Colorado where when I was young we said everything just right. Now I've been corrupted from living around Spanish Fark for so many years. When I lived in Colorado we'd get visitors from Spanish. We soon learned that they all rode harses, ate carn, and worshipped the Lard.

We also fish in a crik instead of a creek and Warsh our hands

Also if someone wants to fish from a boat Saturday morning I have room for a couple if anyone is interested will be launching at daylight and back in for the meet up. Send a pm. Have no idea how to fish Williard but will give it a go.
Well I ended up down in page az for the week pouring a 100x400 slab for boat storage and just hope I get enough done by Friday I can make it back up for the weekend still got alot of rebr to tie!!
[Image: 20220509-145005.jpg]
Thanks guys for the boat spaces and good luck Fritz on getting back, be nice to put a face with the name... J
If any one wants any of the Velocity kokanee rods I posted in the for sale section please send me a PM with your order by Wed. 5/11 I will pick them up from Rob and bring them to the flotilla and collect payment on delivery.
I will be doing some reconnaissance tomorrow and Friday before the flotilla out of my yak and from shore, PM me for my number if you want to meet up at some point.
It seams the rental fees would include a clean space. I remember last time we gathered the area was a big mess
(05-12-2022, 02:46 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: It seams the rental fees would include a clean space. I remember last time we gathered the area was a big mess

I wouldn’t count on it there. We camp at Willard and their “premium” camp sites are always covered in dog crap and garbage.
Well i think that was the last rain and cold before the get together, so let's hope the warming trend will help make for a great fishing trip Saturday... Pat reminded me to get some name tags, so please pick one up and put your name and screen name on it at the lunch break... Always interesting to put a face with a screen name... I know you all expect a white striped mohawk when you meet me, but it has more to do with my fishing abilities than the animal... See ya Saturday... J
Should we all plan to bring a plate in case someone brings something to share that would require one?

I haven't heard what the north marina looks like. Is the water up a little?? Do they have the dock floating?
(05-13-2022, 01:23 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: I haven't heard what the north marina looks like. Is the water up a little??  Do they have the dock floating?

water is low. launch boats in center two  lanes only.
Thanks for launching info. J
It's today, baby! See y'all there. If you boaters bring an FRS radio, we usually monitor Channel 5. Come and fish, or just come to hang around and tell fishing lies. Eagle Beach Group Pavilion.
(05-14-2022, 12:25 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: It's today, baby! See y'all there. If you boaters bring an FRS radio, we usually monitor Channel 5. Come and fish, or just come to hang around and tell fishing lies. Eagle Beach Group Pavilion.

Rocky, Jeff, and all the others that contributed to the flotilla,  MANY THANKS , well done.  Smile .  

This was the best weather for the past several flotillas, and it sounded like most folks boated a fish or two or three (except me.....  Sad )  But I enjoyed getting to finally put some faces with the screen names and real names.  And getting to see many of the members that I knew but have not seen for a couple years. 

I hope we get to do a post Cat contest dinner at Holy Smokes again this fall.  

[Image: 01.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
A very nice outing and day. I counted something like 35 people including a few who had to leave early.

Next year Utah Lake?