Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun A.M. at Echo
Friend said he had done good here last week; I needed to take a young boy and his dad to try getting into some fish, so Echo is where we went..Getting there 0715, just 3 boats in front of us, and throughout our A.M. there was not much traffic...just 1 wake boarder boat churned up the res. starting about 0930, but I'm sure that will be amplified starting tomorrow, the 4th...really fun helping this 8yr old reel in some nice rainbows..either his dad, or I, would grab the rod and hand off to him..sure, he lost 3 or 4, but that was ok and we all had a good time..weather cooperated til we left at 1100..some operator error trolling motor trouble at 1000, so I had to try going slow with the Big Johnson 135...definitely not a trolling motor, as it was rough trying to keep the speed under 3 mph..but we still caught 4 or 5 that last hour..Take a young kid out when you get a chance; even if things get chaotic, it's worth while...Guluk...
Good to hear a Echo report with some trout action. It is really getting hammered with party boats this year taking advantage of the newer facilities. Usually by now there would be a few bass and perch report's.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(07-04-2024, 11:41 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Good to hear a Echo report with some trout action. It is really getting hammered with party boats this year taking advantage of the newer facilities.  Usually by now there would be a few bass and perch report's.

I stopped by Echo as I headed home from work yesterday. I stayed for about half an hour, casted tickle tail plastic on a jig. Had many hits from eager young smallmouth. I caught one that was about a pound and a much smaller one too. Almost landed an enthusiastic carp too. So I am thinking the bass action should be good now in the shallows. I was just on shore inside the state park.
Gabe