Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down Rigger weights
I lost two downrigger weights at Ririe this last weekend and need to purchase a couple new ones. In the past I have found them on KSL but I’m not seeing them now, does anyone know some one who makes and sells weights I can contact to get them?
(08-12-2024, 08:25 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I lost two downrigger weights at Ririe this last weekend and need to purchase a couple new ones. In the past I have found them on KSL but I’m not seeing them now, does anyone know some one who makes and sells weights I can contact to get them?

Not sure if he still sells them but Bearlakefishguy use to sell them.
(08-12-2024, 08:25 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I lost two downrigger weights at Ririe this last weekend and need to purchase a couple new ones. In the past I have found them on KSL but I’m not seeing them now, does anyone know some one who makes and sells weights I can contact to get them?

I still have molds for 10 lb fish
                               8 pound fish
                               10 lb pancake
                               8 lb pancake
                               6 lb pancake
                               4 lb pancake
 send me a pm if you have some lead I work cheap for people that have helped me with Wllard fishing tips in the past. Buying lead has gotten a little steep lately but we can still get it

I do sell downrigger weights.  They are the pancake style and they track really well since they aren't round.  They stay nearly straight up and down and you can even bend the fin if you want so they run slightly off to the side which keeps they away from your motor.  I only have one size.  They are about 9.5 lbs and I can sell them with just the plain lead for $25 or coat them with 4 coats of plasti-dip so they won't mar your boat or make noise for $30.  The same ones at Cabelas or other sporting goods stores are $50-$80 for 12 pounders.
(08-12-2024, 09:46 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote:

I do sell downrigger weights.  They are the pancake style and they track really well since they aren't round.  They stay nearly straight up and down and you can even bend the fin if you want so they run slightly off to the side which keeps they away from your motor.  I only have one size.  They are about 11.5lbs and I can sell them with just the plain lead for $25 or coat them with 4 coats of plasti-dip so they won't mar your boat or make noise for $30.  The same ones at Cabelas or other sporting goods stores are $50-$80 for 12 pounders.

Can old tire weights melted down work in your mold?
(08-12-2024, 11:10 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(08-12-2024, 09:46 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote:

I do sell downrigger weights.  They are the pancake style and they track really well since they aren't round.  They stay nearly straight up and down and you can even bend the fin if you want so they run slightly off to the side which keeps they away from your motor.  I only have one size.  They are about 11.5lbs and I can sell them with just the plain lead for $25 or coat them with 4 coats of plasti-dip so they won't mar your boat or make noise for $30.  The same ones at Cabelas or other sporting goods stores are $50-$80 for 12 pounders.

Can old tire weights melted down work in your mold?

Yes, I can use them, but only the "clamp" style of weight.  The stick-ons have too much glue/material on them and it smokes you out when trying to melt it.  Unfortunately, more cars and trucks are going with the stick on weights.  And.....some of those stick on are not even lead!
(08-12-2024, 09:22 PM)lifeshort Wrote:

8 pound fish
                               10 lb pancake
                               8 lb pancake
                               6 lb pancake
                               4 lb pancake
 send me a pm if you have some lead I work cheap for people that have helped me with Wllard fishing tips in the past. Buying lead has gotten a little steep lately but we can still get it

Thank you Don and John I’ll see you guys for a weight making session tomorrow, you guys are great! I just have say I love the community we have on this site, you guys always come through whether it is downriggers balls, trolling motors or just sharing great fishing info, most of my social circle is now made up of people I have met through BFT.
Have lead... in need of time.

8 pound fish
                               10 lb pancake
                               8 lb pancake
                               6 lb pancake
                               4 lb pancake
Don, I love and still religiously use the 4 and 6 lb pancakes you made for me.
Thanks!!
I have a 10 pound mold. If you got the lead I can make em.
(08-15-2024, 04:42 PM)MrShane Wrote:

8 pound fish
                               10 lb pancake
                               8 lb pancake
                               6 lb pancake
                               4 lb pancake
Thanks!!

Those small ones are sure nice to crank up and handle if you aren't fishing too deep. Have not seen any posts lately is fishing good
(08-16-2024, 10:19 PM)lifeshort Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 04:42 PM)MrShane Wrote:

8 pound fish
                               10 lb pancake
                               8 lb pancake
                               6 lb pancake
                               4 lb pancake
Thanks!!

Those small ones are sure nice to crank up and handle if you aren't fishing too deep. Have not seen any posts lately is fishing good
Spent last four days trying to find a bull to stick an arrow in.
Thought I had a good deal figured out then last Sundays dump of rain filled every low spot and tire rut with water and really screwed me up.
Struck out.
Maybe next week!
I have about 60 lbs of soft lead I can sell. 
Txt me at 801-920-3906