Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Saturday
It's been years since I was at strawberry a boat. My father in law bought a boat and needed a trip out so I recommended Strawberry since a cold front was moving in . That means active fish and I was right . We started out at Renegade and the Rainbows were hungry! We caught We were catching fish just about every cast . We had so many doubles . We started out in 10 feet of water and let the high winds give us a good drift so we covered plenty of water. After about 3 hours of non stop catching rainbows we headed for the narrows to get away from the wind and go after cutts. We found some very big Cutts that were very chunky in 35 feet of water. Fishing for Cutts was consistent with white tube jigs tipped with worms and rapalas. There were 5 of us and each person caught over 20 fish easily. It was nice to be put on strawberryonce again. We did help out a guy who was coming in and snapped his arm while docking his boat. I helped back his truck and my son trailered his boat. Hope he is OK. We heard his bone snap so we definitely knew he was hurt bad .
[Image: 20240824-100608.jpg]

[Image: 20240824-110848.jpg]

[Image: 20240824-133715.jpg]

[Image: 20240824-154824.jpg]
(08-26-2024, 09:03 PM)ocean Wrote: It's been years since I was at strawberry a boat. My father in law bought a boat and needed a trip out so I recommended Strawberry since a cold front was moving in . That means active fish and I was right . We started out at Renegade and the Rainbows were hungry! We caught We were catching fish just about every cast . We had so many doubles . We started out in 10 feet of water and let the high winds give us a good drift so we covered plenty of water. After about 3 hours of non stop catching rainbows we headed for the narrows to get away from the wind and go after cutts. We found some very big Cutts that were very chunky in 35 feet of water. Fishing for Cutts was consistent with white tube jigs tipped with worms and rapalas. There were 5 of us and each person caught over 20 fish easily. It was nice to be put on strawberryonce again. We did help out a guy who was coming in and snapped his arm while docking his boat. I helped back his truck and my son trailered his boat. Hope he is OK. We heard his bone snap so we definitely knew he was hurt bad .

Sounds like a fun day on the water. Nice to fish in these cooler temps, isn't it?
(08-26-2024, 10:14 PM)jjannie Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 09:03 PM)ocean Wrote: It's been years since I was at strawberry a boat. My father in law bought a boat and needed a trip out so I recommended Strawberry since a cold front was moving in . That means active fish and I was right . We started out at Renegade and the Rainbows were hungry! We caught We were catching fish just about every cast . We had so many doubles . We started out in 10 feet of water and let the high winds give us a good drift so we covered plenty of water. After about 3 hours of non stop catching rainbows we headed for the narrows to get away from the wind and go after cutts. We found some very big Cutts that were very chunky in 35 feet of water. Fishing for Cutts was consistent with white tube jigs tipped with worms and rapalas. There were 5 of us and each person caught over 20 fish easily. It was nice to be put on strawberryonce again. We did help out a guy who was coming in and snapped his arm while docking his boat. I helped back his truck and my son trailered his boat. Hope he is OK. We heard his bone snap so we definitely knew he was hurt bad .

Sounds like a fun day on the water. Nice to fish in these cooler temps, isn't it?

Yes it was nice and it turned the fish on too which was a plus. The rainbows were really active chasing lures straight to the boat lol
Cesar, sounds like a great day. Unusual to find so many rainbows around Renegade. We usually catch a handful there and the rest are cutthroat. I hope that guy, who broke his arm, recovers quickly.
Sounds like you were rewarded in advance for a good deed!
(08-26-2024, 11:04 PM)Kent Wrote: Cesar, sounds like a great day.  Unusual to find so many rainbows around Renegade.  We usually catch a handful there and the rest are cutthroat.  I hope that guy, who broke his arm, recovers quickly.

I usually find the Rainbows shallow from 10 15 feet early morning and the Cutts deeper up to 25 and later up to 35 feet . In the narrows I find the Cutts up to 40 feet.

(08-27-2024, 01:55 PM)joshomaru Wrote: Sounds like you were rewarded in advance for a good deed!

Seems like it but I would always help anyone in need especially with a severe injury like he had.