Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Sunfish at Utah Lake
Hi everyone,  I haven't posted anything this year as we haven't been able to get out and fish.
With Richard's amputation in April, it's been a long haul to recovery.  He may be getting a prosthetic sometime in September.

Last week, we finally decided to get out to Utah Lake and fish from the shore at State park.

We had pretty good success.

I caught 3 Green Sunfish, and 1 Small mouth Bass.  We also caught 3 white Bass.

I was very surprised at how small the Sunfish were, maybe 6 inches was the biggest.  they are very pretty with the florescent green lines along the face.  I threw back the 4 inch one I caught, and we had the other 2 plus the white bass for dinner.  The Sunfish were the most delicious I had eaten in a long time.

[Image: IMG-20240820-103514770.jpg][Image: IMG-20240820-103545449.jpg]
Violet good to see you got out. I'm sorry things have not worked out for us with weather and Dr appointments. My dad has had 4 surgeries in the past 3 weeks and then with everything else and the winds I have been meaning to call but I have failed. Hopefully we can get together before winter
Glad you two were able to get out and enjoy some time out fishing. Sorry to hear about Richard and the amputation he had, hope everything works out with all that was involved with it. It's been a hard year for a bunch of us, it sounds like. Hows your garden working out this year or were you able to get one going after everything that has happened? Mine has been about the worse I can remember in many years, with the late start I got and then bugs or snails killing all my yellow squash, it's been hard.
Heart 
Great to get out whenever you can. We always enjoy any trip we get to take. Sorry about to hear about Richard, best wishes.  Heart
(09-02-2024, 04:46 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Glad you two were able to get out and enjoy some time out fishing. Sorry to hear about Richard and the amputation he had, hope everything works out with all that was involved with it. It's been a hard year for a bunch of us, it sounds like. Hows your garden working out this year or were you able to get one going after everything that has happened? Mine has been about the worse I can remember in many years, with the late start I got and then bugs or snails killing all my yellow squash, it's been hard.

We'll know more about when Richard will get a prosthetic next Friday the 6th  We're hoping it will be soon.
I didn't plant a garden this year.  I planted 4 tomato plants, and just picked my 1st one today, that's sickening. I also planted 4 broccoli plants, and because of the heat they just all went to seed. I knew I wouldn't have time for a garden this year, as we spent most of our time either in the hospital, or doctor's office. I hate those squash bugs!!!

(09-02-2024, 05:17 PM)jjannie Wrote: Great to get out whenever you can. We always enjoy any trip we get to take. Sorry about to hear about Richard, best wishes.  Heart

Thanks a bunch.  It was good to get out, even if we had to fish from the shore, and not in our new boat.

(08-30-2024, 09:53 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Violet good to see you got out. I'm sorry things have not worked out for us with weather and Dr appointments. My dad has had 4 surgeries in the past 3 weeks and then with everything else and the winds I have been meaning to call but I have failed. Hopefully we can get together before winter

Hope so.  Hope your dad is doing better.  It's always hard to be a care giver, when you have your own family also. Good luck. Hope to see you soon.