Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cast and Blast Currant Creek
Did the unthinkable and went to Current Creek on Monday ( labor day) - by myself. Cookie is still not 100%. 

Took off late. Did not get there till about 1PM. Good news is a steady stream of RVs were headed out. Bad new is there were still LOTS of them up there. Been along time since I have been on some of those roads. Did some grouse hunting. Got one. Hit and lost one and jumped a couple more that refused to sit still. Silly birds but great exercise.

Fished the inlets creeks to Currant Creek. Could have caught a hundred little cuts - but they was very little. Nothing bigger than 7 inches and skinny. But they attacked flies on nearly every cast. Fun but not what I was looking for so chased some more grouse around. They had not read the fools hen guide and kept jumping up in thick brush. Did you know they can laugh as they fly away? Me either!

Great time but I sure miss having Cookie and Buckwheat along. And the Wookie is nearing the end of his earthly adventures which makes me very Sad.

Here is the video of me tromping around in bushes and streams.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/Gyo_2_HQUL0
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Cowboy Pirate, I really enjoyed the adventure video. Fools Hen, we used to call them stupid chickens (Grouse) because of how they would let their guard down. Fishing those small streams is a hoot, full of all the hungry little ones. I have been going through some health issue so haven’t been able to get to the outdoors so I’m thankful for all of stuff everyone’s been posting and best wishes to Cookie getting back into the Adventures. As always Fish on! Stay Fun!    Wheat Rolleyes
Great report Lance. Good to see you getting out.
Nice! Glad you got some pine chicken to take home!
Did you catch any shiners in the creeks?
(09-06-2024, 05:57 AM)AJBwheat1222 Wrote: Thanks Cowboy Pirate, I really enjoyed the adventure video. Fools Hen, we used to call them stupid chickens (Grouse) because of how they would let their guard down. Fishing those small streams is a hoot, full of all the hungry little ones. I have been going through some health issue so haven’t been able to get to the outdoors so I’m thankful for all of stuff everyone’s been posting and best wishes to Cookie getting back into the Adventures. As always Fish on! Stay Fun!    Wheat Rolleyes

That is what Dad taught me to call them, too.

(09-06-2024, 12:41 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Great report Lance. Good to see you getting out.

Txs. I am hearing interesting crappie reports at a couple of local waters. You better get that noodle rod and jig collection out

(09-06-2024, 01:55 PM)joshomaru Wrote: Nice!  Glad you got some pine chicken to take home! 
Did you catch any shiners in the creeks?

No shiners jusr loads of small cuts
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew