Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 9-24
Hit Echo this morning, arrived at a cool 37 degrees air temp. Water temp was 62 degrees. Was on the water at 7:15 and left at 11:30. 
The carp were skimming the surface and were all over the place. 
A little chop on the water and never calmed down until around 9:30.
I caught 3 trout and lost another after it did an arial of about 3 ft, all rainbows.
Two bass with one being about 6 inches long, big appetite for being so little.
And a bunch of perch, never did keep score on how many. 
Still trying for that allusive Crappie....some day.  All fish released today.
(09-24-2024, 10:31 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Hit Echo this morning, arrived at a cool 37 degrees air temp. Water temp was 62 degrees. Was on the water at 7:15 and left at 11:30. 
I caught 3 trout and lost another after it did an arial of about 3 ft, all rainbows.

Keep trying. I caught one a few weeks ago, relatively shallow water while I was out in my float tube. It was about 9 inches. I have caught a few over the years there. I was using a small powerbait minnow, like 2 inches and it was a natural colored minnow on a plain, unpainted jig.I was slowly working it from the bottom back to my tube. I would say that it was suspended off bottom as it hit when I got the jig close to my tube. 
Gabe
(09-24-2024, 11:35 PM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(09-24-2024, 10:31 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Hit Echo this morning, arrived at a cool 37 degrees air temp. Water temp was 62 degrees. Was on the water at 7:15 and left at 11:30. 

Keep trying. I caught one a few weeks ago, relatively shallow water while I was out in my float tube. It was about 9 inches. I have caught a few over the years there. I was using a small powerbait minnow, like 2 inches and it was a natural colored minnow on a plain, unpainted jig.I was slowly working it from the bottom back to my tube. I would say that it was suspended off bottom as it hit when I got the jig close to my tube. 
Gabe
Thanks for the info. One of these days, maybe I should give Pineview a try. I understand they are supposed to be really good eating.
I think enough time has past that I can say I had a couple of my student anglers really figure out the late summer crappie at Echo. They asked me not say much more but I can tell you they really had them dialed in. I was impressed
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew