Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cast and blast camping in the mts
Had our annual Sept camping trip last week. Took the RV up in the Uintas. Great weather. Caught some nice tigers, cuts and bows. Fall fishing is so much fun for us. All the standard gear that Cookie uses worked. She caught a really nice Tiger out of a lake that normally has mostly hatchery fish. I spent a lot of time chasing grouse but they did not want to play much. Did have a little luck with some blues. Saw 3 big bull Moose near camp and got a little footage of a younger one tearing up a young sapling. Cooked an amazing hamburger steak and gravey recipe from cowboy kent and played tons of camp games. Wrapped up with cinnamon rolls on a stick. These worked better than my first attempt.

Oh ya and got to shoot my dads old vintage ruger 22 Pistol. Had to do a little repair to it after it was gifted to me when he passed. Was nice to fire a few rounds through it

Here is the video link

https://youtu.be/XK0nxsmaYLE

Good times. Headed to wind rivers in Oct. Can't wait
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the video of an adventurous outdoor life, very enjoyable. I miss it!
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Another great video Lance, thanks for sharing it with us. I started looking at it, right after you posted it but noticed it was 30 minutes long, so I waited until I had time to view it all. Sure looks like a fun trip, it's been a long time since we were able to get out in God's country and see all the places we use to go to that are off road. Was that lake you were at Witney res? If not, no big deal but it looked like a great place to go and catch some nice fish. Glad to hear Cookie is on the mend and getting back to your normal fun activities. Sorry to hear the Wookie might be in his or her final days. The Wind rivers in Oct, hope the weather holds for you.
(09-29-2024, 07:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Another great video Lance, thanks for sharing it with us. I started looking at it, right after you posted it but noticed it was 30 minutes long, so I waited until I had time to view it all. Sure looks like a fun trip, it's been a long time since we were able to get out in God's country and see all the places we use to go to that are off road. Was that lake you were at Witney res? If not, no big deal but it looked like a great place to go and catch some nice fish. Glad to hear Cookie is on the mend and getting back to your normal fun activities. Sorry to hear the Wookie might be in his or her final days. The Wind rivers in Oct, hope the weather holds for you.
Txs Curt. Ya I don't usually make videos that long but we were trying to capture some key family memories with this one as my wife's parent are getting up there in years and we don't know how many of them we have left.

It was Whitney and Moosehead. I did not mention it as I figured most people would know from the videos past. No secret locations. I dont have many of those. Hard to get a wheelchair to anything remotely matching secret.

(09-27-2024, 01:01 PM)Bduck Wrote: Thanks for the video of an adventurous outdoor life, very enjoyable. I miss it!

One of my hopes with this whole youtube thing we do is that I capture memories for that day when I can't get out as much. Photos are nice but hearing the voices and the sounds will be extra special
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
thanks for the video, that looked like a great time up there in the mountains! I sold my trailer and bought a boat so traded one adventure mode for another, but I miss my trailer when I see trips like this.
Hey Lance I really enjoyed that almost like I got a trip in, you like all the stuff I do.. Thanks for a fun trip and great job putting it into video format... Well done... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Well done!
Hey cowboy the last time I was there the road was not so good for trailers. Has it improved?
I love those days hunting grouse, but I can't get around the thick down fallen timber any longer. But hunting isn't as important anymore just to be there, without the noisy crowds.
Keep it up as long as you can and the video was great!!
(10-02-2024, 01:35 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Hey cowboy the last time I was there the road was not so good for trailers. Has it improved?
I love those days hunting grouse,  but I can't get around the thick down fallen timber any longer. But hunting isn't as important anymore just to be there, without the noisy crowds.
Keep it up as long as you can and the video was great!!

Road to the mill hollow cut off is decent. After that gets a bit worse but I still see some big rigs all the way over to the lake. My rig is set up more like a desert RV with lower clearance. Makes it easier to deal with a wheelchair but I sure drag bottom a lot. Replaced my rear jacks twice taking it where it dont belong