Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I-15 Accident 10-11-2024
I was taking my wife to an appointment at the U of U Friday morning. Traveling down 2700N from North Ogden to 
I-15 southbound on ramp. Traffic was at a dead stop where law enforcement was diverting traffic to 1900 frontage road in Farr West. We encountered this area at 8:15am with the appt at 10am in SLC. We always allow for some kind of traffic delay but wasn't counting on interstate closure. We then tried to get in left lane to go onto frontage road but that was less than a trickle or crawl, so we ended up going down towards Plain City and turning south at Kents Mkt. I must have come across 6 active school zones all in a close proximity further making traffic crawling. After a roundabout way we ended back up in Ogden. We then decided to travel from 5 points up to Harrison Blvd all the way to Highway 89 which by this time it was 9:15am. Finally clearing most city stop lights we had clear sailing to Farmington where we entered I-15 south. By the time we got to the appt was at check-in time of 9:45am with not 1 min to spare.

Coming back to 2700N onramp, this is in my opinion a dangerous on ramp to I-15. There are 2 left turn lanes for southbound at the beginning of the onramp starting from a turn signal light, then merge into 1 lane at the same time merging onto I-15 and that lane will merge into the fast lanes. Once in the past I was in the right lane turning left and was completely ran off the road trying to avoid being hit after that lane was over half merged into the left. The accident that happened yesterday was from stupidity.  Sad

Southbound I-15 closed near North Ogden due to life-threatening crash (abc4.com) 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Agree, misery loves company. Glad you made it in time, but your blood pressure may have been elevated if they checked it, LOL