Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JV 5-11 & 5-12 report..
well i think most of my work is done this year tell fall.. so now i'm home o do some major fishing this summer..
started it off by going to Joe's Valley last thursday and friday.. the lake is low from what it was this time last year..

we got there around 4:00 in the afternoon thursday started out trolling the east side..
i put a J-13 perch on for the first drop.. well as i was letting it out i got slamed hard.. after about a 5 min fight i got in a 5 lbs rainbow.. realy beautifull fish.. then seeing that i have not used my camrea for so long it would not work for some reason.. (dang it)..
so i put the 25" rainbow back thinking that if we are going to be doing this well we will have plenty of fish for the trip home.. lol.. yeah right.. (rember there is a slot limit of 15" to 22" and a 2 fish limit at JV)
well ok after starting out so well we thought it was going to be a good day trolling... NOT !. we trolled for another 2 hrs not a dang thing..
so we decided to go over to the inlet and make bait for some night jigging..
this was a hoot catching chub,cutt's,and splake all at the same time.. all small but on ultra light it's a hoot..
well afrer getting some chub in the buckit we went out to get set up for some night jigging..
well we jigged the crap out of it for about 4 hours after the sun went down.. we tryed deep and shallow all we could find was some small splake and cutt's.. so headed in for the night..

hit it bright and early the next morning started out trolling the east side.. but no luck there and the sun takes a long time to get to that side.. so we put some small stuff on and went for the shallows of the west side..
fishing was fast for the most part small splake and cutt's on tap over there most the morning into the afternoon..

well we tryed some bait,jigging,and sleeping up by the inlet on the north end for about 3 hours.. after some lunch we tryed the trolling one last time over on the east end... no luck again..

packed it up and went home..
good first trip for the year tho..
[signature]
I was thinking that aliens must have abducted you and taken you to a place where there were no fish! Nice to see that you'll be back around. Thanks for the report from Joe's...not many people from the board fish over that way.
[signature]
Hey Ron, Glad to hear Your getting a break from all that work You've been doing. Felt good to bring in a few huh? Thanks for the report, My last couple fishin trips left me smellin of ode deu skunk!, LOL
[signature]
hey 3M it's good to be home for a while.. but might not be over just yet i guess.. still getting some calls for help comeing in.. lol...

for some good news i'm putting together a new boat soon i hope.
should be ready for some mack fishing on the gorge soon..

hey theekillerbee
no it was not aliens! no it was far worse than that it was corporate America!! they held me in a dungon forceing me to work 10 and 12 hours a day 7 day's a week forever!! well it seamed like forever at leat.. lol.. and for just a measly 2800.00 a week take home.. damn i just could to take it any more i had to get away!! lol..
[signature]
Ron hows huntington and e-lake looking these days.I havent been up there ths year just wondering if ice off has started yet.
[signature]
Hey Ron good to see ya got out.. Sorry ta hear the big bite was playing fair but atleast you got your line stretched.. Beats work, right?? [Wink]
[signature]
hey, its good to hear a joes valley report! they are far and few between. is the water all dirty yet? i was thinking of coming down this weekend, but its usually pretty dirty because of the run off. if its somewhat clear water i may have to come on down. if not, then i'll just go to the gorge again! its a rough life. thanks again for the report! take care, bkidder
[signature]
hey Don. man it is realy good to see that your up and walking and getting out of the house dude..

from the looks of E-lake it's getting ready to shake the hard top off soon.. i'm headed up today to give it a look.. maybe hit scofield if E-lake is not ready...

the dam side of E-lake was just starting to brake up the other day there was about 5 feet of shoure line 200 yards long down by the dam that was open.. so might be a good place to start today then i'll go from there.. lol

hey bkidder the water in Joe's Valley was just starting to get merky from the run off when we were there.. so for about the next 2 or 3 weeks i well be finding some place other than joe's Valley to work.. i have never done very good there whan the water was merky..

ocean: huntington is starting to brake up as well.. or some of the snow has melted off it now.. and there is 3 or 4 of the springs on the east side have opened up.. but not much going on there for a week or so i would think..
[signature]
thanks a lot for the report! ive never done good there during runoff either. too many inlets on that lake! thanks for the heads up, i guess its going to be flaming gorge again!
[signature]