Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview massacre 6-3-07
My buddy and I took our daughters to Pineview today to catch some muskies. I hooked 5 before I got one in the boat, after 'practice' I boated 13 muskies and lost 4 more. Largest going 38". My daughter caught a muskie on a dropshot rig and her friend caught a nice one also. She had one on that was atleast 4' long and after fighting it for about 10 minutes it cut the line right at the boat. Her dad was actually doing the reeling, it was a bruiser! It was really neat just to see it so close even though it got away.
We caught some bass and a few perch. Water temp was 65 when we got there at 7 but got up to 70* during early afternoon. Of course water skiers were a pain in the butt. Getting too close and being ignorant about it. There were some words exchanged when I almost got one with my lure. Next time I wont miss.
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0031.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0061.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0071.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0081.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0101.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0111.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0121.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0131.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0171.jpg"]
[inline "Pineview 6-3-07 0191.jpg"]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Looks like "Lady T" had a good time too. Didn't take you too long to get that lake dialed in.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The water traffic on Pineview is one of the big deterrents. It is even worse in a tube. I have had idiots run between me and the shoreline to which I was casting. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS, I have NOT MISSED on some of them. Used to always carry a rod rigged with a big nasty multihook old plug. I also used to carry a slingshot...until I got in trouble.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suppose it is worse on Pineview this year because of the poor launching at Willard. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Looks like you guys did awesome! Nice report and pics. Too bad people don't respect the rules and keep the distance.
[signature]
Nice looking fish, glad to see the tigers did not disappoint the kids. I think I like TD's Idea of paybag a big nasty plug with trebles.
[signature]
Nice tigers. I am heading up there at about 2:30 to get some bass and maybe my first tiger. I am worried about the boaters but where i am going is a no wake zone so i should be alright in my float tube
[signature]
man what an awsume trip for you and her.. wow. nice report bud.
[signature]
Don't tell me you lost your first 5 because of a small net again! LOL. Looks like you and Nate had a great time with your girls. Can't wait til min is old enough to take out on the water.
[signature]
Nice fishs I have an old pug I found and put over size hooks on but a skier liked it so he keeped it but he didn't come back for more.....[crazy]

[signature]
My Holy Heck! I am so jeallous! I fished all day and no Tigers. My daughter caught 2 big smallies, and was thrilled, so that compensated. My grandson caught 13 perch and had a blast. But, clearly I am short on musky knowledge, and you are not. Let's talk. I will chip in on gas/groceries if you want to run up some evening.
[signature]
Well my hypothesis is that since Fish4fun05's boat looks like a ski boat those big old muskies relax there guard and than WHAMMY they are set and on there way to the boat.
[signature]
No net problems this time, I used the lip grippers. Unfortunately they didn't want to cooperate in the morning, just when I thought they were worn out and ready to come aboard they'd thrash around and be gone. I managed not to lose any lures, that's a bonus right there. Although some lures were honorably discharged, they'll just never swim right again [unsure].
[signature]