Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
Wife wanted to go to yuba before work so i cancelled my berry trip and we headed out to the city camped out all over yuba. I told her we would probably be off the water by 10 am because of the water skiers before we left but she did not beleive me until we got there. [:p] I headed out to a few spots i know that hold perch usually but none were there . I figured since she wanted to catch fish i set her up with a carp rod. Well she had fun catching carp while my son caught up on his beauty sleep .She kept busy catching carp and right about 945am the skiers started showing up! That was our cue to leave so we were off the water about 1030 and having lunch in nephi at 11. It was fun watching her fight those carp they are fun when nothing else is biting.
[signature]
Cesar, nothing wrong with reeling in a few carp. As I kid we used to ride our bicyles from Payson to Spring Lake to go carp fishing. What bait were you using to catch them?
[signature]
Kent-
I have been taking truck loads of kids down to Yuba for some fast carpin'. I set them up on or near the dock at Painted Rocks with a half or smaller piece of crawler and one split shot. They drop the crawler straight down and before it hits the bottom they have a carp on. Great sport for young 'uns and a great service to the other fishies that are trying to eek out a living in Yuba.

The population of carp in Yuba is rivaling the numbers found in Utah Lake. They need a ho bunch of thinin'. Kids are a great resource for this project.

8incher, and a Spring Laker
[signature]
That sounds like it would be great time for the younguns. I need to plan a trip down there with the grand kids.
[signature]
Worms are the trick i used a bobber in the shallow i got smaller carp and freelined a piece in deeper and that got the bigger carp. Yuba is over run with carp i bet the pike are having a feast eating them.
[signature]