Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport- Utah
Hello Anglers,

Im new to this site. Discovered it through a fishing report I get every week that has posts from lakes in utah. Found this site really helpful so decided to check it out and create some of my own posts. Went to Rockport sunday and fished around the dam catching 3 rainbows. All 3 ranged from about 14-16". Im a largemouth fisherman myself but am always up for catching anything. Anyone fish Rockport for bass?
[signature]
Welcome to the site TheWeekender and thanks for posting your report. I moved your post here to the Utah board because it was move of a report than an introduction. Lots of bass fishermen here but I'm not really sure how many fish Rockport for bass, hopefully a few will chime in. WH2
[signature]
Welcome and thanks for the report.

Rockport is a sweet little lake for some nice rainbows like you caught and it also has bass. Small Mouth Bass. I've never caught them very big from there, but I've caught plenty. Dropshoting the fast breaking rock shorelines and points or Jigs with trailers works best for me.
[signature]
I like Rockport. I used to convert a trout fisherman by dragging them around Rockport to get their limit of slimers and they have them catch some smallies, I haven't fished it much in the last couple of years since they started renting those water scooters.

I also ice fished Rockport for perch until it crashed a few years ago. Used to be great for them.

I've never caught any large brown bass from Rockport, but a lot of little ones. Hopefully they'll be allowed to grow up.

Mike
[signature]
I was there on Sunday too, and caught 3 small mouth. not big but it's been fun.
[signature]