Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7-21-09
ok, I have decided that we're jinxed or something. Took a trip to Strawberry today. Grandpa wanted to get my daughter into some fish. NORMALLY they catch 50-60 fish each. Not today tho. I caught ONE 14 inch cutt. My daughter (kait) caught ONE 20 inch cutt. Dad caught a 20 inch (3 lb) cutt, 3 15 inch and 1 14 inch cutt. Tried EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE. Oh well
[signature]
What part of strawberry did you fish? Were you jigging or trolling? To bad the fish didnt want to cooperate today .
[signature]
we hit chicken creek first, thats where we caught what we did, but very slowly. Then we hit the narrows, soldier creek, the dam, renegade, and a couple other places im not sure. Wind was blowing pretty hard most of the time so we drifted, jigged, used repallas, squids, tubedudes magic minnows lol, dang cant even remember what else.
[signature]
Wow you guys hit the entire res!! Did you use white tube jigs tipped with chub meat?
[signature]
We used white-pearl and a wounded white shad tube jigs with chub meat, worms and scent.
[signature]
ok your jinxed[:/]
just messin with you guys/gals[Wink]

curious what the water temp was.

I would expect the fish at 30-50 ft right now.Maybe there not due to the wet spring we had.

Sorry the catching wasn't all that good,But kait sure looks happy holding up that big cutt.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice report. Not a GREAT report...but nice. Glad you didn't smell skunk.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]See, I toldja you shoulda got the left-handed blue-eyed minnows. But NOOOOOOO. You had to go for the other ones. That'll learn ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]On some days it doesn't seem to matter where you fish and what you use. If the fish are in a negative or neutral mode...or if they have migrated deeper or shallower...or moved to another part of the lake...well, you might as well be using packaged shad on Willard Bay. (inside joke)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How is the boat?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
we used white, green, orange, worms, chub, scent haha, told ya we did everything and everywhere, [Wink]
[signature]
you know, on the way home i said "we forgot to ask about the left handed ones" [Wink]

this year it dont seem to matter for us anywhere. Gotta find me some good luck charm or something. Or do what one of the other posters suggested on one of the other threads and rub power bait on my head lol

boats ok cept got it home and realized the trim switch on the throttle dont work so now we gotta take it back [mad]
[signature]
the water temp was anywhere from 64 to 71 depending on where. She was excited to catch one, should have seen her reel it in. But then was disappointed she didnt catch another. She says shes ready to hit willard again lol We seen a school of chubs im guessing, they were holding out underneath a floating bush and couldnt even get them to play haha[pirate]
[signature]
Well thats just about perfect water temp for jigging deep.

lol,I bet she was excited.Already wanting to hit willard again? I bet the temp was awhole lot nicer up there.

I have never caught to many of the strawberry chubs but have seen these massive schools swim by.Think they would hit a jig with worm on it though.

looks like your going to have to rub power bait on your hands.[:/]

fnf[cool]
[signature]