Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's Willard doing from the shore?
Finally got a break in the schedule and I am thinking of hitting Willard up this weekend with the family. Last year was our first out there we had a ball. I'll fish with a couple of the kids and momma will have the others out on the beach. The water seems a lot higher when we drive by, which is a lot different than when we were fishing it last year. Have things changed much or is it still possible to find a place near the beaches to fish? (That way the kids can bounce between fishing and swimming if they want). Not looking for a hot spot, just a place to wet a line and maybe catch a catfish or two.

Thanks,

Tyler
[signature]
We fished the south marina and the damm last week
caught a few really nice cats. Try hotdogs or chicken liver.

FYI dont know if you ever fish with chicken liver the liver can be a real mess it isn't real pliable so you may want to wrap them. Theres commercial wrap you can buy or do what we did and find an used ladies stocking (pantyhose) and wrap them up and tie off with string.
[signature]
i like the north marina better because your kids can play at the beach and you can fish inside the marina for crappie, chanel and the occasional wiper
[signature]