Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Kokes and bows 7/25/09
[font "Calibri"]Went to the berry on 7/25/09, we caught several nice cuts and some awesome Kokes. We trolled in 25 to 40 feet of water at 2.2 MPH. We ran RMT dodgers in pink with squid and Osprey in pink. I caught a nice bow at 23 inches. I caught one other bow just over 22. We also dropped some crawdad traps while fishing and took home a cooler full of tails for dinner. Those things taste great!![/font]
Great post & pics. Great to see the Kokes coming on! Use any bait (Gulp, Power Grubs, etc.) or scent on the squids?
[signature]
I used Anise gel on the Osprey and squid.
[signature]
Nice work!!!! WE were there also in a Kalamath. Only one koke for us but it was my first so I was happy! I need to learn the ropes!
[signature]
Looks like a sweet day at the Berry! Nice work man.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]What fantastic day, man I really need to get up there brfore that action is gone. Great Job guys and thanks for sharing.[/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Wow! Way to go!!
I don't have towing capabilities with my boat...yet. Is there any other successful way to catch kokanee at the Berry?
I know I could put a plate on the stern or use the big parachute thingy but I'm just not an avid troller with any technique.

Thanks!
[signature]
Thanks for sharing the report and pics, looks like you guys had a blast.[fishin]
[signature]
Your best bet is to put on a trolling plate or use a drag net. I have only caught them trolling.
[signature]
Nice [Wink]
That looks like a way fun trip
[signature]
Nice pics!

Where's a pic of the bows!? [Smile]
[signature]
hmmmmm? I was wondering the same thing. All I see are some nice cutts and kokes.
[signature]
Good job. Those are some nice fish. Good luck next time around.[cool]
[signature]
Those are some way nice fish! great work on the Berry! I got to get me one of them "vote for pedro" shirts, maybe them i wont get skunked lol!!!
[signature]
Sorry the Kokes and Bows title was an inside joke. We saw a kid at the cleaning station that told us he caught a nice rainbow. It was an 18 in cutthroat........Ya the DNR guy saw it and said he didn't have a ticket book so the kid cleaned the illegally taken fish and went home.....
[cool] Nice.
[signature]
THat is rediculous. I hope he at least told him what he had done.
[signature]
He sort of told him. I then educated him a little more. It really ticked me off because I let a 22 1/4 fish go just to be on the safe side and then this kid got away with an 18....Oh well.