Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
huntington report
went up to huntington yesterday to see if i could find out where them tigers are hideing out at.. been fishing it all summer and not doing all that good there.. not like i have in years pasted.. we started out jigging like i have been doing most the year.. we hit 2 fish in about 1 hour had lot's of chasers but not to meny hit's.. so we broke out the trolling gear.. seems i should have been trolling there more then jigging i guess.. we cought fish most all day long.. till about 3:00 the wind came up bad and i could not control the boat any more.. so we stoped and jig again for a while caught 2 fish in a hour or so,so we called it a day..

got to the boat ramp got the boat on.. and was pulling the minnow traps. when some old bugger came over and took exception too me harvisting minnows.. when i put them in my buckit to wash the dog food off them he said i was transporting live fish.. lol yeah in a truck that is not moveing.. well him and my hot headed buddy was getting into it .. i finished washing the minnows off and put them on ice like i always do.. then this guy came over to my boat and started reachhing into it trying to grab something in there.. thats when i started gitting a little pissed... seem the guy was just looking for aurgument.. he was veary close to getting his A** beat.!!

well we left the crazy old cogger. there with his cell phone trying to call who ever with no cell survice and made our way home.. with 3 bag's of minnow in the freezer..

here are the pic's..
[signature]
[#008000]Nice fish Ron ! Seems like this year has been kind of different on a lot of bodies of water.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Good on you for keeping your head while dealing with an idiot. Some folks just make a person want to take the unbreakable Ugly Stick and show them the business end of it. [/#008000]
[signature]
Nice report Ron. Great to see all of that water still in there. I have a hunch that all of that extra water has changed the pattern of the fish and they are more scattered, which would account for trolling being more effective than vertically jigging. Do you get red sided shiner minnows from Huntington?
[signature]
yeah i'm thinking the same thing.. a lot of water in there this year.. probley a lot of food in there as well.. and like years past i'm not finding the fish in schools at lest not big schools.. they are scattered out and all over the water colom..

there are red side shiners in there. but i have been getting a lot of mountian suckers out of there this year..
[signature]
[indent]I really dont get some people, I dont know you Ron, but you seem like a very nice guy who could be a very mean guy when you need to. Crazy how some people just want to create chaos. Anyways, thanks for the report. I have never been to Huntington but have always wanted to. I am wondering if you would maybe point me in the right direction when i get the oppurtunity to get up there? Seems like you know whats going on up there. Would you prefer Ice fishing up there? or soft water?

Thanks,

chris.
[/indent]
[signature]
I was up there on sat, and did not even get a bite. It was slow. fished the shore all over....
[signature]
lol well in the guy's defence he seen me put water in a buckit and put the minnows in the buckit. the buckit had about 1 inch of water.. then he seen my buddy put the buckit in the back of the boat.. what he did not see was me wash the minnows off and put them in a cooler of ice and dump the water out of the buckit. becouse he was to busy trying to pick a fight with my buddy.. which would have been a big mastake.. my buddy is 6'5' and 300 lbs and some times has a bad dispsition.. i had to call him off 3 or 4 time tilling him it was not worth it.. i harvest 100 + lbs of minnows a year or so.. i have a 4 cubic foot freezer i fill every year with bait.. i am well awhere of the law on transporting live fish.. thats why i put them in a cooler filled with ice.. killes them fast and keeps them fresh..

well thats that.. on getting to know huntington i would be happy to show ya all i know on how to fish it.. hard water or soft.. just let me know when your going to be in the area.. and we will try and work someting out..
[signature]
shore fishing has been very slow there this year.. next time stop at sportsmen's and pick up some shiner minnows. and give them a try.. thats about the best bait form shour you can use.. [sly].
[signature]
Ron,
Speaking of regulations, there is one that has me a little Confused. My boat has a 70 hp main motor and a 7.5 hp kicker. Would it be legal to use on Huntington if I didn't start the big motor. Your boat appears to have a motor larger than 10 hp.
[signature]
yes you can use your boat on the lake as long as you only use the kicker motor..

the big reason for that is they dont want big boats speeding up and down the lake. it just is not big enough for that kind of thing. i have even seen bigger boats running there big motors but going slow and nothing as been said. i think they should just put a 5 mph speed limit on the lake and not worry about motor size.. but thats just me..
[signature]