Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Fishn
i am thinking of hitting starvation this friday morning. i was wondering if there are any floaters out there that would like to join me. i have a ford ranger so i can drive if and carry tubes and equipment as long as we split gas. i live in clearfield can pick up if in the slc area. PM me if you are interested.
[signature]
I might be floating on a drift boat Friday not sure where I am launching though. I would be willing to meet up!! I am already up in the area so I wont be car pooling. Let me know.[fishon]
[signature]
i dont know that res at all so any pointers on where to launch would be helpful.
[signature]
also do you pay a fee at starvation?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I sent you some stuff on Starvation...Rabbit Gulch. But, I did not clarify that just about all access areas are Utah State Park and require a day use fee. There is a pay box at Rabbit Gulch and the rangers do check several times a day to make sure everybody displays a permit.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD sent you info about rabbit gulch but I am going to be fishing Knights hollow and am willing to help you out if you decide to go there. PM me if you want to meet up at all.
[signature]
well first is it a fee area? im all about launching for free and where is knights hollow?
[signature]
It is a State park. Pretty much anywhere you can get access on the lake.[Sad] I do have a state park pass. I would get one if I were you, they pay for themselves if you fish often enough. 75 bucks - $70 if you get the coupon in the fishing guide book. I would bet after I got mine in March till now I have used it at least 75 times even if it was just for a couple hours. Plus the $2 off weekday camping that I have taken advantage of. I am paying less than 1 dollar each time I use any state park for the day for the rest of the year. They are loosing money on me. HAHA If I payed the daily fee each time I went to Starvation this year I would not have enough money to even buy worms, let alone gas. Anyways hope that the park fee doesnt detour you from going, I might be able to pick you up but I probably wont be on the same schedule as you. I fish most of the time from about 10 am till around 3 or 4 pm. I have those hours between shifts that I fill almost daily with some sort of fishing. This year it has mostly been at Starvation. Till hunting season.
[signature]
i would do that but we just got back from vacation so money is a little tight.
[signature]