Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weber this morning.....
hit the weeb this morning for about 6hrs.... fished three different sections and caught 21 browns between the two of us...
water is very high and kinda stained still.. very hard to hike up river.

all fish were caught on 3"+ plastics with a lil pro cure stank.... salt and pepper worked well... as did pearl white and rainbow colored (pearlwhite belly with a greyish green back and black flakes) fished on 1/8 -1/4oz heads..

all of them ranged from 18 to 22inches with one at 24 and lost a larger one [:/]....

sorry no pics today for fear of harrassment.[sly]
[signature]
I would love to learn the weber better. he 3" + jigs you are using kills me, I've never even thought about using stuff like that on a river only in the lakes. I'd love some friendly advice on you you use those with out snagging everytime.

Thanks
[signature]
Try a 2" or 3" Maniac Minnow on a 1/16 to 1/8 oz jig head. The Browns love em!
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your posts, and have a great appreciation for your skills on this great river, so keep up the good work!

Have you ever used plastics on the Green? I know the scents are a no-no there, but I'd bet you could land some monsters below the dam area with the same tactics you're using on the Weber. Might be worth a try if you haven't.

I've always done pretty well on the weber using streamers on a fly-rod and a short leader, but it's difficult to land the big ones on light tackle.

I have managed to entice a few of those very large browns over the years using a Deer Hair Mouse moved frantically across the surface of the water. Every one I managed to capture the attention of, went airborn in an effort to catch the critter, but I've never been able to hang onto one. They snapped off or missed the hook completely. It was always a thrill though, and made for good fish stories around the campfire, "It was just like Orca flying through the air at Marine world".

Anyway, if you ever get bored of the acton on plastics, you may want to try some topwater. Maybe you can master that as well. I've had a couple I'd sware were two feet above the surface of the water. Quite a rush![cool]
[signature]
Plastics are very effective on all waters, and on a fly rod as well.
[signature]
Just wanted to clarify something really quick. Hopefully it can be taken as just informational and nobody will feel harassed despite my other post about Catman's pictures.

You can fish with bait or scents on most of the Weber river but the stretch From the first I-80 bridge upstream from Echo Reservoir (near Exit 164) upstream to I-80 bridge near Wanship (near Exit 156), you can't use any oil or scents because it falls under the provision:

Manufactured, human-made items that may not be digestible—including items that have been chemically treated with food stuffs, chemical fish attractants or feeding stimulants—may not be used on waters where bait is prohibited.
[signature]
Interesting, I just re-acquainted myself with that paragraph after reading your post.

Of course this only applies to that particular stretch of water, and just happens to be the area I most frequent.

So, reading this, it appears this includes soft plastics that have no additives as well with them falling under the man-made un-digestable portion of the regulation? The added scent or anything with added scent part is pretty clear.

Maybe thats why I never tried them there before. It would be interesting though trying them on other stretches where it is legal, and not on private land. [:/]
[signature]
lol its a good thing i dont fish that section [:p] and as for plastics getting snagged... lol i use and lose about 6 to10 1/8oz heads per trip.
[signature]
Dont get offended but that last paragraph make no sense to me. Artificial flies and lures are all human-made and not digestible, I understand the fact they cant be treated with any kind of attractants,did you copy and paste that?
[signature]
So the area in this pic is not above echo res?
[inline Echo.bmp]
[signature]
Brimhall,

I have never met UTcatman but it bothers me how you seem to have a personal vendetta with this man. Recently you accused him of embellishing the size of the fish he caught on a recent trip tp the Weber and now you are attacking his ethics by posting the above photo and implying that he must be using scent enhanced lures above Echo.

If UTcatman says he wasn't fishing there then, as far as I'm concerned, he wasn't fishing there.

Please cut the man some slack. He is being unfairly treated by a few BFT members and he doesn't deserve it.

UTcatman, I wish you continued luck in your fishing adventures both on and off the Weber River[fishin]
[signature]
It bothers you? Sorry, but it's none of your business and YOU sir, are making the accusations. I simply asked where a picture was taken. On the first post I asked him to help me understand how that fish weighed 9 pounds.
These are simple questions and I have no Vendetta whatsoever. If the fish was 9 pounds, my mistake. If this picture is not above echo, my mistake again. So far, I have not been proven wrong. I'f someone wants to correct me and prove me wrong, I will glady apologize for anything I may have said to offend anyone. Until that happens, I will continue to question people whenever I want to. You are more than welcome to question any of my posts or replies sir.
Thanks for your concern.
[signature]
no sir !! lol i know what picture that is from... and no it was not above echo... would u like the gps coordinates???[:p]

actually u seem to know your stuff... why dont u tell me where that picture was taken... [sly]

here let me repost that specific picture for ya... its a 16lb brown caught on 2lb test.. caught it on popcorn!!!! it just looks small... in this pic.
[signature]
Good. Thanks for clearing that up, it was starting to "Bother" some people. I just asked because it looks like the area near Coalville that I usually fish. Looks like you got me on that one.
You can still send over the GPS coords if you want though [cool]
[signature]
You're right. Now that I look a little closer, I can tell that you were in the Henefer valley (Below Echo). I apologize for assuming that [Wink]
[signature]
Who said that you even need scents on a tube jig or maniac minnow in order to catch fish? All the scent does is that the fish will hold onto the bait a little longer. Improve your ability to detect bites, and then you can leave the smelly jelly at home and fish above echo, below echo or wherever you want.
[signature]
[indent]Hookjaw you are pothetic. First off I have seen no other man on this sight get as jelous as you do. Second off if you sat at posted where i was fishing on the open forum i would track you down and drowned you. Third off you are making yourself look like a complete idiot by judging him on every post he makes. From here on out your best bet is probably not saying a word or even looking at his post because I have never seen anyone worse than yourself accusing people off what they have caught when, where, how big, etc. Get a life and go catch some fish for yourself for once. As far as i know your more caught up in your websight living your fishing dream through other people.
[/indent]
[signature]
Like I said on the other Post with your beauties the catman has done a great job catching these fish and releasing them, and then got slammed everyway possible by quite a few folks. Congrats on having a tough skin! Keep posting pics, all the haters are jealous and feel they have to comment to feel they are as sucessful as you. It doens't seem that you need any coaching or advice with the fish you catch! I can tell your a hell of a fisherman, keep em coming![fishin]
[signature]
[quote bassattttic] I have seen no other man on this sight get as jelous as you do. [/quote]
Why do I need to be Jealous, I can catch big trout too if you haven't noticed.
[inline "Big Cutt.bmp"]

[quote bassattttic] if you sat at posted where i was fishing on the open forum i would track you down and drowned you.[/quote]
And now you are going to kill me?

I will be at Causey tomorrow, feel free to come "Kill" me. I have caught plenty of big trout in my life and I know the difference between a 6lb fish and a 9lb fish. I'm sick and tired of all the "Wannabes" trying to tell people a fish is bigger than it really is. The site has gone to hell with all the whiners and babys that have to exaggerate to make themselves feel better. And now people are so upset they are going to dry and drown me??? [crazy]
Sounds like you are the one that has the little fantasy. Once again, I'll be at causey in the morning if you would like to discuss this in person. As for me, I'm done. I can't handle this anymore and I'm sure you guys are sick of me too.
Later!
[signature]
hooker hooker hooker i told ya when you kept that big boy it wasnt the thing to do. member when i told ya skiippper caught 2 like that back to back.and he turned em loose.guess what the berry has a ton of right know? yep yer right chubs my daughter and her beloved were over fishing of the bank last sunday and all they caught was big chubs.them big old fish were put in there for the purpose.of keeping the chubs in check,it aint just you its the peaple coming out of thre with stringer full of 18 inchers.but before the become carnivors they have to get big.i apolgized to you in the past on keeping that big boy,but i really think you have over steped your territory on callling cat man out.tube tuder gave hi, a little constuctive crtic on his handling of them bad browns and he took it like a man. them are sheds you have in your avitor if you want to see real mounts give me a call ill give you atour of the mortouary.
[signature]