Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalina Yellows

Hey there guys,

Went out on the new Premier today and caught some yellows. Left at the usual departure time of 6am and as Danny and Karl had gotten squid previously we headed straight for Catalina's west end. Turning the corner we dropped the hook and didn't move the rest of the day other than to make fine adjustments.

Saw the Persuit a number of times and I was yelling and waving like an idiot hoping to get DH_tubinjoe's attention. I think I saw him on the bow once. How did you guys do joe?

The squid boat was there to and those guys were hooked up constantly. Go figure! They've got a whole hold full of squid for chum and bait! ha ha

We had a steady bite of 20 pound fish and then around 1 o'clock we went wide open. People were bustin' off with 20 and 25 pound test. Some guys were getting fish with 40 pound test. Our bait couldn't have been anything but squid.

Fished a little while longer then headed back to Long Beach and got off the boat at around 6pm.

JapanRon
[signature]
HEY JR, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DAY. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OUT ON THE SALTY RIGS AGAIN.
[signature]
nope....that wasn't me... that was either mike or robert. the other deckies I was on sunday. now I wont be working as much because school is starting again[:/] oh well.

joe
[signature]
Hey Ron,

Thought you were going to come fish with us this week??? [mad]

We got around 35 fish yesterday and biggest was like 20, but, I still managed to catch 7 yellows this year and thats all that matters they weighed, 8,9, 11,11, 16, 24, and 28! that and 19 albacore that were on one trip that averaged 25lbs!!!!!![cool]

[#ff0000]SCHOOL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000]Aaron[/#ff0000]
[signature]
DUDE WE GOT A 32 POUND YELLOW ON MONDAY!!!!!!! it was awesome!

joe
[signature]

Hey dh_tubinarron,

Fishys LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE school......... so should you. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] HEY JR, FIGURE IT OUT. WHY DO YOU THINK FISH ARE SO SMART.[laugh]
[signature]
??????????????????????????

thats pretty stupid!!

SHCOOL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron
[signature]