Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
Over this weekend my dad and I went up to fish lake to try the ice fishing. it was pretty good. We along with many other fisherman found that the little Gitzet adn ice jigs worked the best especially if you catch a perch and put some its meat on there. The lake is 6" thick right now so you need to be careful walking across it. The best spot to fish is straight out from the marina to a spot about 90 feet deep. it drops off from about 20 feet and all the larger fish swim around it. it is a little slower fishing than in the 25 foot water. the splake are biting really well along with the rainbows and lake trout. Also if head to Mill Meadows the fish are biting like a fish hatchery including the Tiger Muskie. And over there its 12 to 16 inches thick. Good luck Fishing if you try it. It's lots of fun! [Wink]
[signature]
I know they were concerned that tiger muskies might move down stream from Johnsons. How many tigers are they catching at Mill Meadows, and is there any size to them?
[signature]
I don't know exactly how many have been caught but they have torn up a lot of peoples gear because they weren't expecting to need a leader. So if you decide to try out Mill Meadows take a leader and expect good Muskie fishing!
[signature]
Reelmn- so I take this is just a story your passing along.
[signature]
What are they catching the tiger muskies on? When I drove by Forsyth Puddle and Mill Meadow in October, their levels were WAY down. Are they coming up at all? I'm hitting Fish Lake mid-Feb. and wouldn't mind a quick run over to Mill Meadow, too. Thanks!
[signature]
Reelmn -- I would like to see some proof of someone catching tiger muskies in Mill Meadow....I'm sure the DWR would also....

Good report on Fish Lake. Ice was only about 3-4" thick in front of Twin Creeks over New Years. Fishing was good....weather was not.
[signature]
Hey, I was up there -Fish Lake- on Friday. It was snowing and blowing really kinda yucky. I couldn't even get my 12 year old out of the truck! (even with the tent). So I humored him and wound up riding down past Otter Creek. It wasn't too bad there so we stopped down by the dam and fished for a while. We had half a dozen bites in an hour and a half, but they were so light that we couldn't hook anything. The reservoir is mostly frozen but there is still some open water out around fishermans beach. It started getting nasty and he whined so we went home. Next time I'll leave the little bugger home!!!!!

There is open water at Fish Lake about 200 yards out in front of Twin Creeks and back to the north almost to Joe Bush. Most people were out in front of Lakeside and around toward Schubachs, but there were people were fishing out almost to Mackinaw Point, so I guess that the ice even up toward the north end must be getting to the "ok" point. There is alot of snow up there. Don't plan on getting too far from the highway to park, not even down toward Lakeside Marina. You won't be getting out to the outhouse at the overflow camping at the south end with out a sled or maybe a four wheeler with some work.
[signature]
Hmm, Joe Bush and Schubachs. I don't know any of those landmarks. Could you update me and/or point me toward a good map of Fish Lake? Thanks a bunch!
[signature]