Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Lake Report
Fished Cascade Lake today....it was freaking cold. Started out in the morn at -14 but did improve a bit. In 5 hours of fishing my daughter and I only caught 6 perch....it was pretty darn slow. Snow is deep on the ice with many slushy areas where snow machines were getting bogged down. It was nice and sunny though. Going to be a real mess if it warms up later this week. We had fun and no permanent frostbite....

Brian
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, did you get any toads?
[signature]
We only caught half a dozen but the biggest was 14 inches.
[signature]
Nice, a 14" perch is a toad for sure, thanks for the pic.
[signature]
Me and my brother will be driving over tomorrow for our first time . We will fish 19,20,21 . And then drive back to Idaho Falls on the 22 . This is a bucket list thing because of all the pictures posted on here .
[signature]
Good luck. I don't blame you, it's something I'd like to try too, just wish I lived closer, like you. That is one long drive from Utah and without a snow machine, I might be better off just taking my boat up there in the Summer.
[signature]
[quote curt69]Me and my brother will be driving over tomorrow for our first time . We will fish 19,20,21 . And then drive back to Idaho Falls on the 22 . This is a bucket list thing because of all the pictures posted on here .[/quote]

Curt,

Would you mind if I met up with you on Friday? I'm thinking I'll probably be up that way. I'll probably see if Bill wants to come along as well.

Let me know what you think.

N
[signature]
That would be great .
[signature]
Nice catch. I am heading up Feb 9-13th. Hopefully we can find some nice perch in there.
[signature]
You can rent snowmobiles in cascade.
[signature]
Yes, I know, I'm just not willing to put out that much $$, just to catch a perch, even if its a hog. In the Summer I can take my boat up and target several lakes and make it worth my time. My son lives right outside Boise, so I can combine some fishing and visiting, thats a lot harder to do in the Winter but thats just me. Not sure how easy they would be to catch but I hear Cascade has salmon too.
[signature]
I don't think I would put too much stock in catching salmon there you would probably be better off at Anderson, Arrow Rock or Lucky Peak.
[signature]
Thats what I heard but I thought that since I would be there any way, I might as well spend a couple of hours and give it a try, worst thing that could happen is I can't catch any but it's worth a shot, especially if the perch action is slow, like it usually is in the Summer or the wind comes up. Have you ever fished up there in the Summer Pete?
[signature]
Last June my son and I went up and caught over 100 nice perch in a few mornings of fishing.
[signature]
Nice and they even have bass there too, I did not know that. Were you using the same jigs as you do in the Winter?
[signature]