Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CASCADE RESERVOIR INFO
Heading up to do a bucket list trip to Cascade reservoir on 19th, 20th, 21st. I have done some research of the area and want to miss the tournaments but be able to ride snowmachines on the ice to hit spots that are farther away and less populated. We plan on just staying on the ice and saving the money on the motel as long as the weather lets us. If anyone would be willing to share any information Id love some help, Pm's would be best. Id imagine its getting hammered this ice season..
[signature]
All the word is that it is a total mess on the lake this year. Haven't been up yet, but going up for an extended weekend starting tomorrow.

Last word I heard was that a snowmobile with a 155 inch track was still getting stuck FREQUENTLY. I think what you are hoping to do seem pretty suicidal at this point. I'll be happy to relay more info to you after my extended weekend. No internet where I'll be so play by play is out of the question.
[signature]
There is so much snow and slush after this recent weather event, camping on the ice will be almost impossible. This past weekend, there were lots of pockets of slush/water under the snow 3-10" deep. Bring your muck boots and shovel.

Who knows, it might have compacted some since the weekend, or it could be worse. 8-10 more inches of snow are predicted today.
[signature]
Me and my brother are going to be fishing those days also . It will be our first time there . We are staying at Birch Glen Inn. Less than 60 dollars a night .
[signature]
I highly recommend the Birch Glen. If you book there, tell Sharon Andy sent you.
[signature]
We already have our rooms booked , but I will tell them you recommend them .
[signature]
Cascade ice is a total mess. I've been in daily contact with folks who fish up there and well not pretty. First hammered with 20" of snow got super cold conditions looking up. Then this storm that is still making waves up there warmed way up pushing 40 degrees and it poured rain and per Sharon at Birch Glen POURED RAIN. And yes the 155" sled got stuck frequently and another sled went to close to the west shoreline and literally vanished in 4-5' of snow after 45 minutes they managed to get out. Huge slush fields. All info I've received is first hand phone calls from folks who experienced and witnessed the mess up on Cascade.
[signature]
Thanks for all the info..... I think we are cancelling and gonna do something else. Maybe some boat fishing on bear lake or the gorge. I appreciate it....
[signature]
Sit that bad @ss boat in the snake. You live in Idaho.

Idaho [Wink]
[signature]
just got back to the civilized world. I didn't move around a lot but conditions from poison going south and east about a mile didn't seem to be as bad as last year. Perhaps things have improved a bit from last week?
[signature]