Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Store Project
Just wanted to let the public know about this jumbo project that just got smaller -YAY!

The project at hwy 40 and soldier creek campground road was approved by the commission at their planning meeting last night, but will not include the truck stop or hotel, just a convenience store and 12 cabins.

Further discussion will take place tomorrow at 6 pm (jan18) at the Wasatch County Building 25 N Main in Heber City.

We are still concerned with the water system, sewer system, security, bright lights, parking problems, and run off in to the lake pollution.

If you really care about fighting this development we urge you to attend this meeting or contact the planning commission by calling 435-657-3205
[signature]
That doesn't even sound like a good idea...just a perspective from someone who usually spends a good portion of my summer up there
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]First time I've heard of it. I looked it up on the Wasatch County website and read through the appropriate documents. It appears that the County Commissioners approved the request to rezone on Jan 12, 2017. So the 14 acres in question is now zoned as Highway Services (H-S).[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]There are, as you said, some very real issues (water, sewer, etc.) that need to be worked out before any actual development work begins. I suspect (based on research into other projects involving government approval) that we are years away from actually seeing this project completed and open for business.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]That said - and I have absolutely no dog in this fight - I would like to see a gas station/c-store in closer proximity to the Strawberry Valley than Heber City. From the data presented thus far, I don't see any real down side other than the already mentioned environmental considerations which must be addressed to the satisfaction of the County Commissioners.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Sorry, but from the standpoint of being a member of the much larger recreational user group of the area and not part of the very much smaller recreational property owners group, I think the project benefits far out weigh the minor detractions voiced so far.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]But as I said, I don't have a dog in this fight and I will NOT be attending any meetings or hearings on the issue. [/#800000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][cool][/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
+1
[signature]