Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great day at the Berry
We went early and was on the ice just after sun up. -13 degrees to start the day. I took my nieces husband for his first time ice fishing. He caught the first fish 15 mins after we drilled holes. A slot buster 23" cut. Was extremely happy for him. We ended up catching 15 total. We were in 25' of water just south of the ladders. All slush was frozen all day until we came off at 3pm or so. Yellow and white and a crawfish brown were the killers today.
[signature]
Nice, that's about the 1st good report I've heard.
[signature]
We stopped by the ladders about 2 pm and only saw one red eskimo tent out there. We were on our way back home from Starvation, but decided to head over to Echo instead. Both Starvation and Echo were the wrong choices today evidently! The fishing at Starvation was downright terrible. Glad you guys got into some!
[signature]
[quote Wasatch801]We stopped by the ladders about 2 pm and only saw one red eskimo tent out there. We were on our way back home from Starvation, but decided to head over to Echo instead. Both Starvation and Echo were the wrong choices today evidently! The fishing at Starvation was downright terrible. Glad you guys got into some![/quote]

Not trying to hijack wasatch thread, just had a quick question for you... You mentioned you hit starvation today and fishing was slow to terrible. Did you happen to fish rabbit? Like to get up there and deck some perch if possible. just wondered where you fished...

Thank you...
[signature]
Yes, Rabbit Gulch was where we fished. Better luck to you guys.
[signature]
How bad was the slush coming off that afternoon?
[signature]
[quote Wasatch801]Yes, Rabbit Gulch was where we fished. Better luck to you guys.[/quote]

Thank you sir...
[signature]
Slush was no problem still frozen it was still 20 degrees or so[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Good going! Our best trip to strawberry this year is pretty similar. I got 12, rest of my group got like 2 each. Very very slow this year. It's Sad. Usually twelve fish is a bad day not your best
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I hope get to the Berry in the next week or two.
[signature]