Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 1/17/2017
I headed down to Fish Lake with BigFishTaco. We parked on the south end and walked out around 9am. Started in 20 FOW and found plenty of small splake and rainbows. The water was nice and clear so you could sight fish. The action slowed down around 11am. I moved shallower and caught perch. BigFishTaco went out deeper. He called me over to where he was and had a 16 inch and 18 inch rainbow trout iced. He had already punched a couple of holes for me. Lots of fish on the sonar from 10 feet down to 50 feet. We set up jaw jackers and dropped some heavy lures tipped with chub and perch meat but couldn't get any of the fish down deep to play. The rainbows cruising shallower were active though and we soon had a limit of chunky 16-18 inch bows. I moved shallower again to get some more perch but the bite was light and they weren't too aggressive. I caught a few more splake at 20 feet while BFT caught a few more perch. We finally called it quits around 4pm.

The ice was cracking and popping through the day. We were on about 6-8 inches of frozen slush and ice. There was a couple inches of snow on top as well. It was 11 degrees when we got there and 26 when we left. Got the trout in the smoker right now.
[signature]
Good report, glad to hear you did well.
[signature]
Thanks! Your report from earlier helped me out. We found more fish in 65-70 FOW this time around. The ice seemed OK where we were but I think it is good that the DWR is telling people not to use ATVs or snowmobiles during the tournament. Here's to hoping the ice improves and we can ice fish in March up there!
[signature]