Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumbos on Cascade Lake
Anyone doing any good on Cascade? We managed to get into the trout and a couple perch. Nice ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_xe8ybOkgQ
[signature]
We cancelled out trip because we heard the ice was bad up there. I guess we should of went. You never know until you just check it out for yourselt.

Cool video....
[signature]
Just got back from Cascade . We were only able to fish 1 day . Was planning on fishing 3 days . First day 16" of new wet snow . Drove to Poison Creek State Park to unload snow machines . There was a 3 foot wall of snow blocking the entrance. Didn't dare park on the main road , afraid of getting towed. Back to motel . Called State Park to see when they were going to plow the lot . At 2:30 pm . They said they were plowing it now . So we go back the next day . The berm going in was gone , but they never plowed the parking area . We were able to get in with 4 wheeler drive . Me and my brother met up with hooknhunter and another friend that fish the lake a lot. 20" of snow with 5" of water under it . When we stepped of the sleds you sink up to you knees . Very hard to walk and fish in . Me and my brother only caught 6 nice perch . We both only used 2 rods because of the conditions. Hooknhunter and Bill did well . Bill caught a bunch of Jumbo's , it was his day . The biggest one he caught was 1 pound 15 ounces. The next day my brother was to sick to go . We stayed at The Birch Glen Lodge and motel . It was $60.00 a night . For that you get two Queen size beds , the room has TV, mini fridge , microwave . In the Lodge they have 3 pool tables and a air hockey table and sauna. They have a utility room you can clean your fish in . Highly recommend this place . Next year we will go back in February. Everyone says that is the best time .
[signature]
The people that run the Lodge are great . When we were checking out . Sharon the manager said some guests brought in some fish to clean and 4 of them were over 2 pounds .
[signature]