Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 1/20
Fished badger bay today. Everything is solid and frozen up nice. I was blown away at how much snow the berry has. Late ice season is going to be a real problem when the slush monster shows up.
Got there at 7 to find 22 degrees. Started the morning slow. Started in 44 feet of water and gradually worked my way to 22' caught 1 fish around 9 and thought that was going to be it. 11 am rolled around and a dozen ice flies and lures later I finally came to the powerboat atomic teaser. Don't know if it was that or the time of day but it lit up for the next hour. Ended with around 15 fish. Some brute cutts. Shocked how thick the cutts are and kind of losing the wet sock fighting reputation. Ended w 4 bows. Everything went back in the drink. 35 degrees when I left and sun was shinning. Only fish caught today were tipped w meal worms. Not a single hit w waxies or maggots.
[signature]
I fished Rennegade a few weeks back and I thought it had just been the lay off between ice fishing season but I too thought the cutts were fighting harder than normal. I then talked myself out of that thought and called myself crazy. But I do think they were fighting harder than I remember. Had a couple bust our lines, usually you can pull up those big cutts no problem. We also had more success between 10-1 that day. The bite seemed to be later in the day than early morning.
[signature]
You guys can't convince me that Strawberry cutts are learning to fight.😎
If I hear 10 more reports of this newly acquired cutthroat talent I may actually persue them.
[signature]
[Wink] Dave, I am not saying they compare to the rainbows or the all mighty Brookie. Just that they seemed to be fighting harder when we were up there early in the season than what I remember. Of course I would like to convince 10 other guys to make similar posts just to see you up there chasing the cuts.......
[signature]
No disrespect intended, but I just can't get excited about Strawberry. When someone suggests Strawberry for the venue, I simply cringe and do anything to sway the decision. Why? Because of those lowly non-fighting simple-minded cutthroats!😴 If there were a higher percentage of rainbows or the almighty brook trout were present again I would be all over it.
[signature]
I think dwr needs to start putting some steroids in the cuts if you want them to fight [laugh]
[signature]
I also noticed the Cutthroats are fighting better. I think they are healthier than they have been in the past.
We caught more Rainbows than Cuts, last Friday.
Crazy Glow orange in the 2.5 Cut'r Bug was working good for me.
[signature]