Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 1/20
Ran down for an afternoon trip to see what wanted to play. For the first couple of hours the finless Freddies were all over the jigs streaking up or down to bite. Then from 3-5 P.M. they would barely even bump the jig and then they were gone.

As dusk was setting in the bite picked back up and I ended the day with eight fish in all with many missed bites. Fished in 17 FOW and was tipping the jigs with wax worms.

As with the discussion in another thread when the bite slowed I was pounding the bottom with my jig to stir things up and had a few fish showed up after four or five good jigs.

Ice was 4-6" on the north end of the lake and with the water level rising the edges are a little wet.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks for the report. It sounds like it was worth the trip.

Did you happen to notice if there was any shoreline access to open water, or is there any open water left?

Thanks.[Smile]
[signature]
I don't know if there is any open water. I could see ice down to the island but I don't travel down that way very much anymore.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks.

I was afraid that last weeks cold temperatures in the Heber valley would close everything up.[:/]
[signature]
3 of us fished it today. Ice was 6" near midway side. Iced close to 20 bows all in the 12-14" range in 7' of water. Heard other people catching some as well. Great time to take the kids fishing.
[signature]