Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Resivior
Does anyone know how much snow is on the ice . I hate to shovel down to the ice to fish . 20" is about my limit .
[signature]
id say there's probably a little bit of snow there. just take a shovel and you'll be fine Wink
[signature]
I will probably be fishing it this weekend . I have property north of Shotgun Store . There is 36 " there . My kids and grandchildren went up today and shoveled of the roof of my 34 ' motor home . Plan on using it all winter . This will be the first time I have tried this .
[signature]
I was on the ice Wednesday. There was only around 5" snow on top of the frozen slush. I was fishing in front of the dam. I was drilling through about 8" frozen slush before drilling through 12-15" ice. It doesn't appear the recent storm did much, so I don't think you will have to shovel much. Good luck!
[signature]
Curt,
I fished yesterday off the boat ramp near the dam and there was about 12 inches of snow on the ice where I was with no slush. I did do some postholing getting down the ramp however. I landed four fish but missed twice as many. Just couldn't close the deal. Very soft biters and lots of lookers on the sonar. If you can walk and set-up on one of the snowmobile tracks, life is much better.

Bill
[signature]
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
[signature]
Any updates on Ice and conditions?
[signature]