Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade 1/27
Got to Cascade on Wed and got on the ice about 3:00 pm. Stayed near West side since it was so late. Temp was 8 deg. Spotty slush under 10" snow, but didn't cause any problems for the sleds. Tried three spots with no luck. Found some all the way across at Crown Point, but they wouldn't cooperate.

Thurs out earlier about 9:00 and went north of Sugar Loaf. Found a drop off and set up. Terrible slush ... 10" snow then 5 to 6" slushy water the 10 " solid ice. Perch cooperated however and we didn't mind standing in water the whole time. Not possible to put up tent, but wind was calm so it was tolerable.

Bottom line is we got 16 jumbos before the bite ended about noon. One was the biggest I have ever caught, probably 15 inches. These are beautiful perch up here. My pictures are on cell phone so will have to wait till I get home to attach them. Will be here several more days and hope to have everything figured out by then. Will send more updates later.
[signature]
Glad you are getting into some of the big ones. Wish we could have been there, too many irons in the fire this year, There should be a group from Utah there now most of them staying at the Birch Glen in Cascade. Take care and have fun. Can't wait to join the retired bunch.[cool]
[signature]
Today's toad measured 14 3/4". And almost 5" back to belly. The lake seems almost deserted. Saw only one other group by West Mountain today. Expecting a better day tomorrow. Will let you know.
[signature]
Thanks for the reports, I wanted to get up there this winter and it didn't work out, so glad to see what it might have been... Thanks J
[signature]