Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Online Mussel Certification
[#0000FF]Open water ain't that far off...I hope. Time to retake the mussel aware program test online for your permanent sheet.

[url "https://dwrapps.utah.gov/wex/dbconnection.jsp?examnbr=509307"]LINK TO ONLINE TEST[/url]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Great reminder, Pat.

Besides what else can a tuber do this time of year?

I got mine before we hit Deer Creek a couple of weeks ago.

Now if I can just remember to leave it on the dash.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks TD, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they where going to dredge out provo harbor last fall.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
[#0000FF]You are not wrong. It was approved and funded...according to an email from the Utah Lake Commission last April. But there was some kind of messup with the contractor...according to an email response from the Commission last fall when I sent a followup request for more info.

Hopefully the water levels will be high enough...soon enough...that it won't be needed. But there will be low periods in the future and they missed a good opportunity to dig it while the water level was at its lowest.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
They missed the opportunity and the cost, I'm sure it will be a lot more munny[:/]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Hey Pat, Thanks for the reminder, I would have totally forgotten and used my old one... Now I need to do it before I forget again... Thanks J
[signature]
I was just thinking about that last week, thanks for the reminder and the link Pat. I'll make sure to post that as a Sticky post, at the top of the Boat and motor board, that way it will be easy to find, once this slips back a few pages.
[signature]
I forgot to mention that if you use walk-in-access on any of your fishing trips (Holmes Creek, Birch Creek, Scofield, etc.), you need to renew that also.

There's getting to be a lot of paperwork involved just to go catch a fish.[Wink]

Cheers!
[signature]
Been there and done that two weeks ago and I could have reminded everyone to do the same, but with my halfeimers I neglected to do so.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Lots of paperwork for everything.

[inline "FISHING PAPERWORK.jpg"]
[inline PAPERWORK.jpg]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
thank you Pat. got mine done. Like Jeff I might have forgotten all about it
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Pat,
Thought you and other UL users would like to know not only is Saratoga Springs dredging the Saratoga Springs Marina Park harbor down 4' there will also most likely be a 4' deep 'canal' dredged a third of a mile out in the lake to bring water in to the newly dredged marina.
Shane
[signature]
They should have dredged Lincoln Beach. Less area to dig out and better access to the deeper end of the lake.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[#0000FF]You had mentioned that project a couple of months ago. Is it completed yet? Good idea to run a trench out from the harbor entrance. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to silt in.

Too bad they could not have done something about that steep hill for the launch ramp. No problem for my float tube but it has been problematic for small two wheel drive vehicles trying to pull a heavy boat back up that hill...especially with some slick algae or ice on the ramp.

All in all, that is one of the nicest harbors on the lake. Well designed and well maintained, good parking, covered picnic tables, nice restroom facilities and a fish cleaning station.

Hope you are recovering well from your medical thing. Your wife covered for you.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks TD, like others I was going to do it at a later date. Your prompt made me do it today, done.
[signature]
Many THANKS!! Got it done.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad to help when I can.

While we are all at it, be sure to check the expiration date on your fishing license. Just happened to think about that myself and found that mine expires about the middle of this month. It has been years since I have been checked but Murphy's law being what it is the next time I get get checked will be two days after my license has expired.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Don't forget about the parks pass!
[signature]
[quote fishgiver]Don't forget about the parks pass![/quote]

[#0000FF]I'm good on that one until August.

Don'tcha wish that we had to renew marriage licenses every year? Sorry, Honey. Ouch. Ouch.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for the reminder
[signature]